Males and Females

Got a date tonight. Met a chick at a bar over the weekend, got her number, now its time to goto round 2.

Signed up for OKC and got 2 dates lined up this weekend.

I can get used to this.

EDIT: Is this what its like to be King Richard?

How do you actually make conversation on OKCupid? Like, it's just so awkward cause it's online. The only reason I met my girlfriend on there is cause she messaged me.

(and yes, I know this is online, but as we're 90% dudes, I imagine none of us are trying to get dates)

I actually would love to go on dates. When you live somewhere with things to do, it's fun.

I've had no luck at all the past two years. It gets more and more apparent that I'm just really unattractive. Time to cut the hair off pretty soon, I think.

So guys, what's the longest any of you have been apart from a significant other when doing long-distance?

It's been exactly one month since I put LG on a plane back to Maine, 1400 miles away, and I won't see her again till November 23rd. That's just short of three months of no physical contact. Been managing pretty well so far, and it appears she is as well, though her douchebag ex is still pestering her periodically.

It's really according to how long you'll be doing this. Another year wont hurt but eventually you're both going to have to live together for a long period of time to see if it can really work. Long period long distance relationships are a waste of time in my opinion.

We lived together for nearly 4 months this summer and it worked out beautifully. We'll have well over a month in between semesters, and next summer to look forward to. The outlook is positive, and there's the possibility that she'll move out here to the Midwest to find work (social work) after she finishes her undergrad at UMaine this fall.

I did 6 months when my ex studied abroad, but we had already been together for about 3 1/2 years. We made it work, but it sucked.

But Jimmy is right. Eventually you are gonna need to live together or near each other to see if it's right. I did long distance that eventually turned into a local relationship and it was totally different (both for good and bad, in general it's just a way different experience.)

*Edit* Nevermind, you covered that second part in your last post.

longest I've done is two months. Blackanese girl I dated went back to Japan for a couple of months while we were dating. Things were fine (at that point...things got real shitty later in the relationship). It sounds to me like you two have pretty good heads on your shoulders.

Me and my girl aren't really long distance, but longest we've been apart is two weeks. That was when I got fired from my job and had to withdraw from the apartment I was gonna move into, with her brother.

Once upon a time I got with the most beautiful little Russian doll in the whole world and now I have to be alone forever as penance for leaving her.

Fuck life and all of its shit.

Taking my girl to see Avenged Sevenfold (her favorite band), Deftones, and Ghost BC next week. So stoked.

But if she starts being a bitch I told my best friend I'm gonna take her instead. Either way, I get to have fun.