Males and Females

Touch her paw with your paw

1557495449_0230afb567.jpg

Congrats.

I am getting pretty sick of the geeks on OkC. I don't give a shit about Doctor Who. That, and people who "can't live" without a passport. Who has the time and money to go outside the US with any regularity? Also, who the fuck climbs mountains? I feel this is 20% of OkC users. The outdoorswomen and dorks need their own site.

I just want a chick who gets The Simpsons and Mr. Show and likes to get drunk. I don't even care what shitty music she likes.

I'd like to second this. Also, I think it's a requirement to like Chuck Palahniuk and have some innovative sexual identification (the girl that messaged me tonight described herself as "sapiosexual", whatever the fuck that means, but she likes Bergman and Tommy Wiseau so she gets a pass) to be one of my high % matches. I've never read a page of that cocksucker's work.

Anyway, I've had virtually no luck thus far, mainly because I think I'm still just in a fucked up mental state and don't want to exert any effort. I've gone back and forth with a handful of relatively decent people but arbitrarily cease contact for no good reason. The one girl I met up with in person (strangely enough the first person I contacted on the site) was fucking gorgeous but not nearly as enlightened as she presented herself. We initially hit it off talking about feminism, and I thought she was actually well-read on the subject, but she turned out to be an emotionally immature Tumblr activist. Stupid me is turned off by this and decides not to move forward, which is dumb, because she was physically way out of my league.

We initially hit it off talking about feminism, and I thought she was actually well-read on the subject, but she turned out to be an emotionally immature Tumblr activist. Stupid me is turned off by this and decides not to move forward, which is dumb, because she was physically way out of my league.

It sounds like you have unrealistic standards. Do you think she's gonna think it's sexy that you post on a metal message board? The reality is you're not gonna like everything about anyone you're dating.

How old are you and how old was she?

Oh, it's definitely just me having stupid, arbitrary standards. It all goes back to my head being totally fucked over the past few months, methinks. However, I will say that it's annoying when people feign passion in something that they only have a superficial investment in. It's not like it's something minor like personal preference in music or TV or other meaningless shit; my ex that I'm still hopelessly in love with didn't like my music or books. The best way I can describe it is like someone presenting themselves as being seriously passionate about philosophy then finding out they're an Ayn Rand sycophant, or something like that. No thanks.

We're both 21. Oddly enough, all of the other women I've been in contact with have been a bit older than me, usually 24-28.

Well to be fair, at 18-22 a lot of people are being exposed to a lot of new intellectual material for the first time and many might genuinely like the stuff but not have had the time/ development to get into it too deeply. And if you're both in college then that's even more true, cuz at the beginning of junior year you've mostly taken a lot of intro classes that give you quick glimpses into a bunch of content areas. The fact that she cares about it at all is a start.

But yeah my suggestion was gonna be that you date someone older. As a 21 year old you're probably gonna have trouble getting someone in their late 20s or early 30s but even a few years older (i.e. 23-25) could make a difference.

Yeah, it's definitely a start, but I'm just really turned off by the way most girls in their early 20s carry themselves, and this girl was a shining example. A 24 or 25-year-old grad student would be ideal. I guess I just don't want to fool around with the endless tribulations of dating when trying to cultivate a meaningful relationship, since I'm getting laid on a regular basis with a woman in her mid-30s right now, which satiates the basic need for sex. I don't know, fuck it.

I don't really keep up with the litany of vague descriptors that people use to define themselves in a sentence. I do find it odd that I haven't come across it before though, since I'm familiar with all sorts of weirdo terminology like that.

Yeah, it's definitely a start, but I'm just really turned off by the way most girls in their early 20s carry themselves, and this girl was a shining example. A 24 or 25-year-old grad student would be ideal. I guess I just don't want to fool around with the endless tribulations of dating when trying to cultivate a meaningful relationship, since I'm getting laid on a regular basis with a woman in her mid-30s right now, which satiates the basic need for sex. I don't know, fuck it.

Well that case just be more picky with who you go out with.

Lol at high intellectual standards by someone blindsided by "sapiosexual".

:tickled: Good point.