Males and Females

If something is fun to think about, and I can make a career out of it, I have no shame in it! \\

And that career is humanism, so you have no right to tell me what being human obligates me to do.

That's why the internet is a place where we can live out our fantasies while remaining fettered to the powers that be in the real world.

For a year I had a roommate who was a huge marriage-equality advocate and she made an impression on my use of sexuality vocabulary. Regardless, the gender neutrality of the term makes it a more convenient word to use grammatically, especially in the sentence I wrote above, where I said simply "partners" when referring to my former girlfriends and LG's former boyfriends collectively.

Why not use the term "copesmate"? Or "paramour"?

Also, 'partner' is devoid of the diminutive grammar surrounding traditional relationship vocabulary that of course was always designed to designate a hierarchy, while 'partner' has the immediate connotation of equality.

I don't see how the term "girlfriend" would connote a hierarchical relationship when it has an equal and opposite term in "boyfriend". On the other hand, the phrase "man and wife" does have implications of that nature, so it's small wonder that you don't hear that term much nowadays.

I really do believe he's a droid; along with Ein and Dak.

I didn't know I was exhibiting droid-like behavior. Guess I need recalibration. :p

Edit:

I don't see how the term "girlfriend" would connote a hierarchical relationship when it has an equal and opposite term in "boyfriend". On the other hand, the phrase "man and wife" does have implications of that nature, so it's small wonder that you don't hear that term much nowadays.

BECAUSE IT'S FROM THE OPPRESSIVE PATRIARCHY!!11!1!

Lost mine in sophomore year college to my boyfriend that I'm currently with. We were long distance at the time, and It was pretty terrible. I thought he knew what he was doing but apparently no since he bought two condoms one was not lubricated and the other was this Trojan brand called fire and ice, which burned like crazy. It was like putting icy hot. I don't know whose idea was to make Icy hot condoms. Uncomfortable painful and extremely comical. But it took awhile to have sex again after that.

Not to mention his mom came home and my face was all red from crying about a terrible experience (we waited a year and a half! Was expecting something magical, man) and she forced me to tell her what happened. She yelled at him for me though, so that was cool.

How is girlfriend childish exactly?

- For me -

"Girlfriend" as a term, when used in excess, paints a picture of my foray into kickball in early childhood, during which, if your team won, you'd pick a girl to be your girlfriend and were obligated to hang out with her for the rest of the day and fend off other little dudes who wanted to hang out with her, much like you would if they were getting all grabby with your favorite toy truck. Just so Mort doesn't get any funny ideas, no, I don't still think of women as property.

Subsequently, "boyfriend" paints an image of little girls giggling in the sandbox about their male peers, teasing each other and singing nursery rhymes. Also, that Justin Bieber single from a while back.

Also, just in general, the way my parents would tease my sisters and I about hanging out with the opposite sex usually incorporated a heavy use of both of these terms.

These are the reasons why I try to furnish better terminology for my relationship in progress. I'm avoiding what I internally consider puerile and archaic. But maybe that's just me.

Lost mine in sophomore year college to my boyfriend that I'm currently with. We were long distance at the time, and It was pretty terrible. I thought he knew what he was doing but apparently no since he bought two condoms one was not lubricated and the other was this Trojan brand called fire and ice, which burned like crazy. It was like putting icy hot. I don't know whose idea was to make Icy hot condoms. Uncomfortable painful and extremely comical. But it took awhile to have sex again after that.

Not to mention his mom came home and my face was all red from crying about a terrible experience (we waited a year and a half! Was expecting something magical, man) and she forced me to tell her what happened. She yelled at him for me though, so that was cool.

You do realize you're 50% of the problem right?

:lol:

:lol: Between the mom and the icy hot condom that sounds pretty catastrophic.

- For me -

"Girlfriend" as a term, when used in excess, paints a picture of my foray into kickball in early childhood, during which, if your team won, you'd pick a girl to be your girlfriend and were obligated to hang out with her for the rest of the day and fend off other little dudes who wanted to hang out with her, much like you would if they were getting all grabby with your favorite toy truck. Just so Mort doesn't get any funny ideas, no, I don't still think of women as property.

Subsequently, "boyfriend" paints an image of little girls giggling in the sandbox about their male peers, teasing each other and singing nursery rhymes. Also, that Justin Bieber single from a while back.

Also, just in general, the way my parents would tease my sisters and I about hanging out with the opposite sex usually incorporated a heavy use of both of these terms.

These are the reasons why I try to furnish better terminology for my relationship in progress. I'm avoiding what I internally consider puerile and archaic. But maybe that's just me.

Snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore

Boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, and wife. That's all that should and ever needs to be uttered. Silly justifications like this are why there's censorship. Deal with it bitches.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/gmd-social-forum/605240-males-females-396.html#post10391489

You do realize you're 50% of the problem right?

I don't know what you're talking about. :p

But yeah, you're right. I wish someone told me to stop focusing on the romantics and just have fun. Sometimes when you fantasize about it too much, it just ruins it. I've read countless times women are in their head in regards to sex, and if their head is not in the right place it's just no fun. In other words, I needed to get the fuck out of my head haha lesson learned the hard way.

Mathiäs;10767330 said:
You are like the ideal GF. Are Asians the way to go then?

Probably. Actually, I didn't end up getting any of that done because I got a flat tire and had to borrow my roommate's car at the last minute to pick him up from the airport. He actually did all that stuff himself while I slept late the next morning. Hardly ideal!

I like the idea of calling my person whatever the fuck I feel like calling them that day.

Snoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore

Boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, and wife. That's all that should and ever needs to be uttered. Silly justifications like this are why there's censorship. Deal with it bitches.

Stop being a shitlord

Not all people fit neatly into some kind of gender binary where those terms work - terms like partner are valid because of that (and they're valid simply due to the fact that people might want to call their romantic partner that anyways so eat a bowl of fuck)

The genderqueer cashier at forever 21 last week had the exact same voice as Tina from Bob's Burgers. Felt like an asshole for thinking that but it was uncanny.