Males and Females

I was referring to Vimana's disagreeing that race is still a pertinent social issue.

I never suggested that they're "wrong" for that lifestyle, but I don't think it's absurd to suggest that a lot of people would rather not be born into gang violence and failing educational systems; and these are issues that predominantly affect minorities. For what it's worth, I was raised in a single-parent, lower-class household and know what it's like to go without food for a week or so, have things shut off, etc. I'm still incredibly privileged, but it's not like I'm pitying the "savages".

Edit: Wow, this has become off-topic. On topic, I'm talking to some girl on OKC after not logging in for a while. She's from Chicago and we'll probably meet up next time I go up there. Either that, or I'll lose interest in exerting effort again.

Disagree. I'm biracial and grew up in a really diverse town, and I didn't even get race until I was ten-years-old or so. It wasn't until all these concepts were taught to me in school that I thought of black and white skin as anything more than quirks of physical appearance like brown hair and red hair. Obviously some people are still racist in society, but the millennials are so far past that that some are vehemently anti-racist.

I just want to say that this really won't matter unless whites are willing to restructure society as a whole to stop benefiting them over people of color.

I just want to say that this really won't matter unless whites are willing to restructure society as a whole to stop benefiting them over people of color.

Be sure to bring that up at the next "White Society Structuring" meeting. You know, that white-only meeting where all us whites get together and make changes (or more accurately don't change the oppressive albino patriarchy amirite?) from our lofty, exclusive perch. I'll be "calling you out" if I don't see you put your foot down at the next meeting. Cause that is what good activists do. Call people out. Gonna call you out Mort.

Be sure to bring that up at the next "White Society Structuring" meeting. You know, that white-only meeting where all us whites get together and make changes (or more accurately don't change the oppressive albino patriarchy amirite?) from our lofty, exclusive perch. I'll be "calling you out" if I don't see you put your foot down at the next meeting. Cause that is what good activists do. Call people out. Gonna call you out Mort.

Are you denying that, with way American society is structured, white people have advantages over people of color?

Think of all the feminists who wouldn't let you come inside them if they knew you posted that. They'd immediately start vibrating, flick their heads to the side and say that they "don't think that's the case". That would be it, your erection, over, forever.

Glory glory hallelujah.

1953-2013 what is time? values change, but why? How can they?

Are you denying that, with way American society is structured, white people have advantages over people of color?

I think Dak is smarter than this question. I think he understands these problems from a certain perspective with certain bias and misconceptions (much like you) but I suspect it's a matter of trial and error for him; where it's one absolute after another for you. Although I think he might come off as extreme and provocative I think he approaches these complex conditions from a very righteous nature. You on the other hand bought right in to every single guilty white man cliche imaginable. That question is so trite it's not worth answering.

Yes I am denying that there is a "structural advantage", as Vimana has already dismissed. There is no legal oppression, in fact EO and AA swing it the other way.

However, there is a legacy advantage (a gap which is quickly closing, and not in the positive direction). That legacy advantage is the old "puritan work ethic" which includes more than just exerting energy. It includes smart application and the general approach of constant improvement of the surroundings. Notice no one ever accuses minorities in America of sprucing the place up too much ("gentrification"). You get out what you put in at least, and usually to a greater degree. Unfortunately the progenitors of this are dying off and failing to pass it on.

I think Dak is smarter than this question. I think he understands these problems from a certain perspective with certain bias and misconceptions (much like you) but I suspect it's a matter of trial and error for him; where it's one absolute after another for you. Although I think he might come off as extreme and provocative I think he approaches these complex conditions from a very righteous nature. You on the other hand bought right in to every single guilty white man cliche imaginable. That question is so trite it's not worth answering.

I don't think he even realized he asked a completely different question from the position he took before.

Yeah I think the terms 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend' do sound kinda childish. I just envision a fuckin high school kid saying it. I prefer saying 'partner', or 'my man/woman'.

People of color, you mean like from the cartoon Doug? White people obviously have a very clear advantage over cartoon characters in that they actually exist.