manes highly overrated?

dimensionidol

free thinker
Jul 21, 2002
north of italy
Visit site
i know that this is really dangerous here but....

i have listened to the "vilosophe" album and i find it nothing so special...

it is for sure a good product but nothing else....

i find it really cold and not so sperimental like every rewiev say in these days.....

compared to RADIOHEAD the voice is really average...thom york have an incredible emotional voice...manes vocals are really ...how can i say ...kind...flat

as for APHEX TWIN i can't compare ...i don't know how...

i think that SOLEFALD and ULVER doing the same things better and way before manes....

if you take NEONISM for example or THEMES FOR WILLIAM BLAKE ...the sound is more refined and warm.....

another thing is lack of power....

i think that if a metal band lost all his power in sound is not good(beside ULVER but maybe they are not metal from the start)...

it is sure my opinion but all that rumors make me think of it like a masterpiece....but sure this is not a masterpiece....

at least i think

:Smug:

Rc-VoS said:
I think that this album is simply fantastic! :hotjump:
Maybe the best album of Code666 productions...except Criteria of course, eheh :)

I think so too. Vilosophe is a fantastic album...try listening to it while reading B.E.Ellis! Amazing soundtrack!

Of course....Criteria is always the besttttttttt! :hotjump:

Dimension, I'm happy to finally hear a "bad" opinion about the new manes.
personally i think it's an amazing album, but it's boring when everyone thinks the same...
so for all the people out there who don't like a code666 album, let us hear your thoughts, we are bored of all the sweet words about us.

Emi said:
Dimension, I'm happy to finally hear a "bad" opinion about the new manes.
personally i think it's an amazing album, but it's boring when everyone thinks the same...

anyway i have not a bad opinion at all....

i only think that is not a 9/10 or a 10/10 album.....

i hope thAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE.....

:tickled:

I gave it an 8/10, review should be up on Royal Carnage soon. ;)

I really do love the album, and it most certainly grows with each listen, but it is not perfect.

Well, let's be honest, the most overrated album by code666 is so far "Criteria ov 666".
really nothing special...
sorry but this is my opinion!

:Spin: :tickled: :D

ok, sorry guy but I wasn't able to stop myself from this...
of course I love that album!

Michele/Xyphias said:
Well, let's be honest, the most overrated album by code666 is so far "Criteria ov 666".
really nothing special...
sorry but this is my opinion!

:Spin: :tickled: :D

ok, sorry guy but I wasn't able to stop myself from this...
of course I love that album!

:err::confused::err: Irony from Ancona?

Well, "Vilosophe" is not above any criticism of course. Like the singing can get irritating in places, and the background electronic noises appear a bit random (read useless) in others.
But it definitely deserves all of the praises it receives, for being a daring musical journey bringing many (some yet unexperienced) satisfactions along the way.
"Overrated" would be a cheap album getting mass following and coverage, which is really annoying. But for a band working hard and well to deliver something of value to the history of music, although this contribution will only be witnessed by a cluster of devoted people, you can't use this adjective, or so I think.

Ellestin said:
Well, "Vilosophe" is not above any criticism of course. Like the singing can get irritating in places, and the background electronic noises appear a bit random (read useless) in others.
But it definitely deserves all of the praises it receives, for being a daring musical journey bringing many (some yet unexperienced) satisfactions along the way.
"Overrated" would be a cheap album getting mass following and coverage, which is really annoying. But for a band working hard and well to deliver something of value to the history of music, although this contribution will only be witnessed by a cluster of devoted people, you can't use this adjective, or so I think.

I agree with your definition of "overrated" Ellestin...