Manes 'Vilosophe' makes me urinate with glee!

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I hope all you guys get this CD. It is REALLY getting better and better. It absolutely blows away 'The Sham Mirrors'. I would say that is an album that is close to it in musical ambition. 'Vilosophe' has taken tripped-out, progressive metal to a new level.

Last year Mastodon came out of nowhere and kicked me in the scrotum. This year I think it is Manes . . .

GET IT NOW BITCHES!!!:hotjump:

I have it on order. It intrigues me even before I've heard it. Tell me more about early Manes - obviously radically different? I saw their demo on eBay the other day btw.

npearce said:
I will definitely be buying the early Manes release as soon as I move.

Apparently very different to Vilosophe....

Can't wait to hear it because I think Sham Mirrors is excellent too. My fave Arcturus release anyway.

Russell said:
Yes, it's amazing! Wait, I think I did a review of it for UM already...

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=92014

:) I'm interviewing Torstein soon, so if anyone can overt urinating for long enough to suggest any questions they'd like to hear? :)

"Distinctive vocals come courtesy of Tommy Sebastian and Asgeir Hatlen, whose style of high, slightly fragmented singing is juxtaposed by occasional harsher - yet still strangely melodic – screaming."

Too late...I think I've wet myself. :loco:

Can I send you questions after I've heard the album...?

That sucks that Russell lives in Europe and gets the Code666 promos before me. Otherwise I'd interview these guys.

Russell: I have some questions, but they are probably pretty basic. I also haven't heard their old stuff, but I imagine they don't even want to talk about that.

My questions would be your basic stuff like:

Who will they tour with?
Where will they tour?
. . . and so on.

I'd also like to know if they think their music is going to be reaching a wide audience. It seems pretty assecible, but at the same time, very complex and challenging.

How do they go about writing any given song? There are a lot of different elements involved. Not to mention the complex nature of each song.

I don't have the lyrics. So I'd like to know about that part.

Why all the references to serial killers (sound bits, etc.)?

Overall the album has a sort of feeling of darkness, but it's also sort of positive feeling.

Is that what they intended?

Most improtant, though:

Give me a translation of that German stuff at the end of the album.

npearce said:
That sucks that Russell lives in Europe and gets the Code666 promos before me. Otherwise I'd interview these guys.

Actually I organised the interview a few months before the release of the album :) Torstein posted here a few times and I liked the pre-production track on better undead than alive, so we sorted it out from there :)

npearce said:
Russell: I have some questions, but they are probably pretty basic. I also haven't heard their old stuff, but I imagine they don't even want to talk about that.

My questions would be your basic stuff like:

Who will they tour with?
Where will they tour?
. . . and so on.

I'd also like to know if they think their music is going to be reaching a wide audience. It seems pretty assecible, but at the same time, very complex and challenging.

How do they go about writing any given song? There are a lot of different elements involved. Not to mention the complex nature of each song.

I don't have the lyrics. So I'd like to know about that part.

Why all the references to serial killers (sound bits, etc.)?

Overall the album has a sort of feeling of darkness, but it's also sort of positive feeling.

Is that what they intended?

Most improtant, though:

Give me a translation of that German stuff at the end of the album.

Those are great, thanks! :)

whoa... i just listened to some songs and they're amazing. i've had some MP3s of manes for about a year or so, but that was pretty grim black metal. this new stuff is... unbelievable.
btw, i'll gladly translate the german lyrics for you, you just have to post them here ;)

Shakermaker said:
whoa... i just listened to some songs and they're amazing. i've had some MP3s of manes for about a year or so, but that was pretty grim black metal. this new stuff is... unbelievable.
btw, i'll gladly translate the german lyrics for you, you just have to post them here ;)

...at this point, I've become incontinent....