Manes

ReptileRobots

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.wearetherobots.com
Too bad that the new Manes cd wasn't really serviced to magazines over in the united states... well at least not to zines that aren't just 'metal'. It deserved more recognition and exposure. It's really one of the best albums I've heard in years.

Haven't heard it, but I enjoyed "Under Ein Blodraud Maane". I've heard that they've changed their style quite a lot, though. Would you care to describe their sound for me?

henrikmain said:
Haven't heard it, but I enjoyed "Under Ein Blodraud Maane". I've heard that they've changed their style quite a lot, though. Would you care to describe their sound for me?

"Under" is very thorns/burzum ish sounding, but the new one, is very avant-garde rock/metal.. I wouldnt say they are musically compared to dodheimsgard or ulver, but its somewhat of the giant step in sound and musical ability that dodheimsgard made from Monumental Possession to 666 International, and what Ulver made from Naatens Madrigal to Themes of Heaven and Hell..

The singer sounds very similar to Ozzy. I think he's in Griffin(??)/ Alot of the sounds and styles of the cd arent terribly original or anything, there's some aphex twin sounding glitch electro, and some katatonia-esque dirges, and radiohead atmospheres, but the songwriting is awesome. Very very good compositions. The only bad reviews I could find were basically from people that are strictly into black metal and really couldnt grasp the sound. They were just expecting a BM cd I suppose. Not to come off as pretentious, but when you only listen to metal, you really don't have a wide knowledge or base of other music to compare it to.

Anyways, there's several reviews on the code666 part of the forum.

Thanks for a great description! I will check out some songs from their latest offering. They sound pretty interesting, with the exception of the vocalist ;) We need more people on this here message board, by the way. Bring all of yer friends, fine Sir!

henrikmain said:
Thanks for a great description! I will check out some songs from their latest offering. They sound pretty interesting, with the exception of the vocalist ;) We need more people on this here message board, by the way. Bring all of yer friends, fine Sir!

Really? Well the vocals are awesome- and a very big part of the overall sound.
They arent just like Ozzy, but similar sometimes. That was about the closest comparison.

Thanx for all the kind words good sir Knight! Good ol' Russel of this here Ultimatemetaldotcom will soon be posting a silly interview I've done here, so that may be nice little read..