Manowar

Any song where the lyrics deal with something other than metal, themselves, or their fans, is awesome.

Any song where the lyrics deal with metal, themselves, or their fans, sucks.

Eric Adams turned into one of the better singers ever in metal.

Anyone who thinks Manowar are a bunch of meatheads needs to listen to Achilles, Agony and Ecstasy in Eight Parts, and then suck my balls.
I like the more cheesy stuff from them though! You can't eat filet mignon all the time, sometimes all you need is a burger.

LOOKS-BAND-1976.jpg

Joey on the right. Eric Adams in the 'stache. Ross the Boss on the left.

I love MANOWAR and have taken bullets for them countless times on this forum. I'm 39 years old and grew up with this band all through high school. I still LOVE them today and will continue to do so in the future.

I'm a few years older than you, at 43, but can relate to having grown up with the mighty Manowar.
To follow the directions for the thread though,
favorite album is Battle Hymns.
Favorite song is Ride The Dragon from TOS. But I love them all.:headbang::kickass::worship:

As I mentioned earlier, we are going to their fest this summer in Germany.

What I didn't mention is that shortly after (maybe 2 hours) I placed the order for our festival tickets, I received a phone call from Joey DeMaio. He called to thank me for being one of the first to order tickets. I really didn't believe it at first, but it was definitely him. If you go to Manowar's mobileblog, they have a video or two of DeMaio placing a similar call to other fans. Yeah, I got the whole spiel about pissing on all those who would see the band and the festival fail, staying faithful to the band and true metal, and so on. Extremely high cheese factor. But all in all it was pretty cool to get that call and I don't think there are many bands who have been around as long as they have that would take the time to do the same.

KINGS OF METAL IS #1 FOR ME! HAIL & KILL IS MY FAVORITE MANOWAR SONG!

Well fellow brother of Metal, I've been a huge Manowar fan since I first bought Hail To England on vinyl in 1985!!!! Actually the very first time I ever saw or heard of Manowar, was on this teen show that came on at like 5pm weekdays on Nickelodeon in 84 or 85, called Livewire!! I shit you not!! They played or they might've lip synced it, "Gloves Of Metal" from Into Glory Ride!!! I was blown away & that's when I rushed out & got Hail To England!!! But my all time faves are-Gloves Of Metal, Dark Avenger (omfg I just love that awesome bridge!!!), Kill With Power, Bridge Of Death, Hail & Kill, Thor-The Powerhead! And my all time fave albums are-1-Battle Hymns, 2-Into Glory Ride, 3-Hail To England, Oh & I have to include The Triumph Of Steel, that album totally rules too! Btw brother Saviour, I also went to that Awesome Manowar show a few years ago w/ Rhapsody, (who I missed! :( ) & I still have my Hell On Earth shirt I got at the show!!! In fact, the guys in my band, The Velveeta Brothers, LOVE my Manowar shirt!!!! W/ a big demon & half naked women w/ big boobs!!! (very Boris-ish to me btw, but still cool as hell!) I wore it to practice & the band was like, "man, that shirt is COOL!!! Where'd you get it?!" :)
:kickass: :headbang:

I've taken more bullets on this forum for MANOWAR than I could ever count. But, I don't give a fuck because I've loved this band since 1983 when I bought "Into Glory Ride" and will always love this band.

Well fellow brother of Metal, I've been a huge Manowar fan since I first bought Hail To England on vinyl in 1985!!!!
I've taken more bullets on this forum for MANOWAR than I could ever count. But, I don't give a fuck because I've loved this band since 1983 when I bought "Into Glory Ride" and will always love this band.

Apparently it's "show your age day". :loco: Keeping with that theme, I bought Hail to England on both cassette and green vinyl back in the day, and saw them at L'amours in Brooklyn, I believe in support of Sign of the Hammer.

For whatever reason, I felt the urge yesterday to hear "All Men Play on Ten". Don't ask why I felt this urge. I tend to get song cravings that are the musical equivalent of a pregnant woman's food cravings. So yesterday, my musical peanut butter and anchovy craving was for "All Men Play on Ten". So... I downloaded Sign of the Hammer (which I once owned on cassette). Wow... I forgot how brilliant that disc is. So... being in a "Hail & Kill" frame of mind, I downloaded Battle Hymns (which I once owned on cassette). Wow... I forgot how brilliant that disc is. I immediately purchased both on CD.

Death to False Metal. :headbang:

Zod

Apparently it's "show your age day". :loco: Keeping with that theme, I bought Hail to England on both cassette and green vinyl back in the day, and saw them at L'amours in Brooklyn, I believe in support of Sign of the Hammer.

For whatever reason, I felt the urge yesterday to hear "All Men Play on Ten". Don't ask why I felt this urge. I tend to get song cravings that are the musical equivalent of a pregnant woman's food cravings. So yesterday, my musical peanut butter and anchovy craving was for "All Men Play on Ten". So... I downloaded Sign of the Hammer (which I once owned on cassette). Wow... I forgot how brilliant that disc is. So... being in a "Hail & Kill" frame of mind, I downloaded Battle Hymns (which I once owned on cassette). Wow... I forgot how brilliant that disc is. I immediately purchased both on CD.

Death to False Metal. :headbang:

Zod

Did you ever get The Triumph of Steel? If not, you should. :headbang:

As an oldtimer who was actually thrilled when Into Glory Ride was released (drove up to Baltimore to get it on its release) - I have always been and always will be a fan of this band. Yes I would prefer more variety & less theatrics/predictability than the recent releases but oh well.

Zod - did you get the "silver edition" of Battle Hymn? There is a bit of improvement sound wise. The sound was so straight forward back in the old days before they had their own studio and could spend eons tinkering around and filling up the sound. Battle Hymn never sounded so good as when I got the silver edition, popped it into the home stereo and let it rip. Ahhh, remember when Eric used to SING? Every once in a while on the new ones they show glimpses of past glory.

I think they went back and remastered a few of the other first couple also (IGR and HTE, maybe SOTH) - dammit, now I am stuck at work with nothing but the newer albums and you have me jonesing for the good old days. I think when I get home I will have to throw on the old Hail to England shirt (hey it still fits, kinda (Thank you Tony Horton and P90X) and crank up the oldies.

Hail
Jeff/Manowarfan1:headbang:

Well fellow brother of Metal, I've been a huge Manowar fan since I first bought Hail To England on vinyl in 1985!!!! Actually the very first time I ever saw or heard of Manowar, was on this teen show that came on at like 5pm weekdays on Nickelodeon in 84 or 85, called Livewire!! I shit you not!! They played or they might've lip synced it, "Gloves Of Metal" from Into Glory Ride!!! I was blown away & that's when I rushed out & got Hail To England!!! But my all time faves are-Gloves Of Metal, Dark Avenger (omfg I just love that awesome bridge!!!), Kill With Power, Bridge Of Death, Hail & Kill, Thor-The Powerhead! And my all time fave albums are-1-Battle Hymns, 2-Into Glory Ride, 3-Hail To England, Oh & I have to include The Triumph Of Steel, that album totally rules too! Btw brother Saviour, I also went to that Awesome Manowar show a few years ago w/ Rhapsody, (who I missed! :( ) & I still have my Hell On Earth shirt I got at the show!!! In fact, the guys in my band, The Velveeta Brothers, LOVE my Manowar shirt!!!! W/ a big demon & half naked women w/ big boobs!!! (very Boris-ish to me btw, but still cool as hell!) I wore it to practice & the band was like, "man, that shirt is COOL!!! Where'd you get it?!" :)
:kickass: :headbang:
Hail, brother! I sure hope the Velveeta brothers play Manowar tunes live!:headbang::kickass: