Virgin Steele

I have to start by saying that I'm not a huge VS fan. In fact, I don't even have a favorite Album. I gave nearly every disc a listen prior to PP last year, and only mildly enjoyed a handful of tracks (Kingdom of the Fearless stands out as the one I enjoyed the most). However, I know that many bands can sound a bit "meh" on CD and totally blow you away live (Pagan's Mind did that for me last year, huge fan now). That said, I disappointedly found that their performance at PP was not only the worst of all the bands there, but one of my least favorite stage performances in all of my concert-goings. I found his voice just unpleasant live, and it felt like the whole thing was a bit drawn out.

Don't take this as a flame, I know VS is well-respected here, but wanted to give my two cents about the performance.

Well, Fatesfan just flat out told me today that my taste in music sucks! :Smug: He's a big Manowar fan, so he totally agrees with you about this one as well.

~Brian~
Awww, don't be so tough on yourself, dude. We agree most of the time, anyway. I won't hold our disagreement against you.:lol:

I was disappointed with VS's ProgPower performance also, but for a different reason: Where the holy hell was "The Burning of Rome (Cry For Pompeii)"???? Dammit.

Would it be possible to see VS play an extended set at the Wednesday or Thursday night gig in 2009? Consider this my request to see them there again!

Virgin Steele is suffering from the RAGE 'syndrome' those of us who have all of VS and RAGEs material can appreciate it. But those 45 minutes where they have to play a tenth of their stuff -it's hard for those who really arent familiar with ALL the stuff to take. and everyone gets pissed they dont play whatever song.

Virgin Steele are without a doubt , one of the greatest metal bands ever. No problem if you don't like them, but it doesn't diminish thier greatness. Child of Deslolation is my fave.(I hope I got the title correct,from House of Atreus Act I).

Virgin Steele are without a doubt , one of the greatest metal bands ever. No problem if you don't like them, but it doesn't diminish thier greatness. Child of Deslolation is my fave.(I hope I got the title correct,from House of Atreus Act I).
Right on, Zane! I'd LOVE to hear HW cover that tune at Metal Festivus!:headbang::kickass: