MArshall Valvestate 8100

Guys, I use to use ampsims 'cause my place is small and I can't do big noise. But keep talking great about Valvestates it feels good for me because a Marshall VS100R is the only real amp that I own. I'm going to take it into account when I could.

:D
Yep, was a fun read.
Think the consensus in the end was, like a classy girl, the 'good' amps had to be won over, and slowly, not to be rushed in to anything. You could hardly expect them to expose their untapped potential without great effort and patience... The Valvestate on the other hand was putting out almost immediately, begging to be mic'd like the dirty slut it is. Chalked down as a shallow victory.

I love good analogies, well said

I am still confused as to why people are shocked that this amp sounds great?
There is a reason they are so fucking sought after!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/10277752-post29.html

The sound of the 8100 through the 6505 power section is stunning.

I've been browsing around for something to compliment a 5150 III. I typically record two tracks, 100% L and R, and really like having different amps on each side. Marshall seems to be a common compliment to a 5150 (another being a Recto, which doesn't gel with me), and I've heard Chimaira in particular have used the 5150/8100 combination for recording. I might need to look more into the 8100, maybe sending through the 5150 III power section. Please, share clips and more albums that were recorded with the 8100.

Also, how does the 8100 compare to a JMP-1?