Maryland Deathfest IX

3-Day passes are now on sale and will cover May 27th - May 29th. Click here for more information.

Due to our desire to include more bands than usual on the Thursday show, we've decided to expand the festival to 4 days instead of having a "pre-fest" on Thursday. Only the main room stage of Sonar will be in use for the Thursday portion of the festival.

You will be able to purchase a separate ticket for Thursday, May 26th once the billing for all 4 days is finalized. Individual day tickets for each day of the festival will go on sale once a list of bands is posted for each day.

We're in the middle of wrapping up some details with a few headliners and a handful of other awesome bands, so stay tuned for the next update.

MDF IX
May 26-29, 2011

* = performing on Thursday, May 26th

The following bands have been confirmed for MDF 2011 (in alphabetical order)
Check back soon for additional band announcements!

ACID WITCH
AURA NOIR (Norway)
AVULSED (Spain)
BAD ACID TRIP
BLOOD FREAK
CIANIDE
CITIZENS ARREST
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY (Animosity lineup)
CREATIVE WASTE (Saudi Arabia)
CRETIN
CRIPPLE BASTARDS (Italy)
DEAD CONGREGATION (Greece)
DEFEATED SANITY (Germany)
DEVOURMENT
DROPDEAD
EXHORDER
EXHUMED
* FLESH PARADE
FUNEBRARUM
GOATSNAKE
GRAVEHILL
HAIL OF BULLETS (Netherlands)
HATRED SURGE
HOODED MENACE (Finland)
IMPALED NAZARENE (Finland)
INNUMERABLE FORMS
INQUISITION
THE KILL (Australia)
KYLESA
LAST DAYS OF HUMANITY (Netherlands)
LOCK UP (UK)
MACHETAZO (Spain)
MALIGNANT TUMOUR (Czech Republic)
MAMMOTH GRINDER
MARDUK (Sweden)
* MIASMAL (Sweden)
NAILS
NEUROSIS
NIGHTBRINGER
NOCTURNAL (Germany)
* NOISEAR
NOKTURNEL
ORANGE GOBLIN (UK)
PULLING TEETH
REGURGITATE (Sweden)
REPUGNANT (Sweden)
* SHITSTORM
WORMED (Spain)

Death Breath is pretty gay and basically any other newer band "paying homage" to Swedeath (besides Bloodbath) would be better. Coroner is a cool addition, and I'll have to check out Doom to see if they suck or not.

never listened to Coroner? should fix that. I don't know Oak or Doom, Death Breath sucks, and I like Nuclear Assault but not crazy about 'em or anything.

For some reason Coroner is a band I seriously overlooked when getting into metal that I never bothered delving into very deeply. I think the last time I listened to any of the first three albums was about 3 years ago, and they weren't very active listens.

I just found out Coroner are playing at this. Fucking fuck shit stack of fuck shit. If there's any way I can get to this, I'll be there.

I just found out Coroner are playing at this. Fucking fuck shit stack of fuck shit. If there's any way I can get to this, I'll be there.

I think if we as the UM Community start a fund to reduce your travel expenses, we could totally get you there. How about it, folks?