Maryland Deathfest XII: May 22nd - May 25th, 2014

Are you going to MDF 2014?

• Probably going - do NOT want to share.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No complaints either. Ive seen Agalloch twice, first time at MDF a few years ago, and second time in LA a few months ago, and BOTH times have been fucking religious experiences. Love them on album, but when the play live??? Fuckkkkkkkk, magic happens.

I do have to say though, im bummed that Ulver isnt on the bill anymore.

This is the best news one could reasonably expect, and just as I predicted, they found a well-reputed American band that semi-actively tours.

Agalloch at MDF two years ago was one of the best performances I've ever witnessed. They played all pre-Ashes material in that set, so I imagine this time it will be a thoroughly mixed bag of old and new. Psyched.

I was thoroughly upset with Agalloch's set last time I saw them at MDF. Mainly because I'm not a big fan of The Mantle and not too familiar with Pale Folklore. To me, Agalloch has done nothing but improve over the years with Marrow of the Spirit being their best work.

So yeah, excited to see them play and excited to sing along to Falling Snow.

So, it's time that we post the list of bands that we are going to watch/most excited to see.

Coffins
Triptykon
Mgla
Necros Christos
Taake
Ruins of Beverast
Agalloch
Aeternus
Incantation
Dark Angel
Diocletian
God Macabre
Nocturnus AD
Tankard
Unleashed
Asphyx
Bolzer
Hooded Menace
The Church of Pungent Stench
War Master
Bongripper
Candlemass
Gorguts
Inquisition
Pseudogod
Uncle Acid
Wrathprayer
Immolation
Mitochondrion

Bolded ones are must-sees for me. There are a lot of amazing bands playing this year.

Did I really just see Uncle Acid AND Bongripper on Schmidts must see list? Win!!!!!

Uncle Acid
Bongripper
These fucking two. FUCK.

Ulcerate
Immolation
Inquisition
Crowbar
Nocturnus
Coffins
Psuedogod
God Macabre
Asphyx
Solstafir
Unleashed
Gorguts
My Dying Bride
Triptkon
Aeternus
Incantation (Still havent seen these fuckers yet)
Torche
Dropdead
Ruins of Beverast
Hooded Menace
Birdflesh
Windhand
Agalloch
Mitochondrion!!!!!!!!!!
Mgla
Deathtoll 80k
At The Gates

Three must see acts. Uncle Acid, Bongripper and Mitochondrion.

Anything else is an added bonus.

Totally forgot they were on the bill, tbh. But yeah, they are DEFINITELY on my list.

EDIT: Also forgot about Castevet, but whatever theyll play shit off their new album which blows dogs for quarters. They absolutely destroyed it a few years ago, though.

Double Edit: Forgot about Bolzer and Necros Christos. I didnt even know Necros Christos was on the bill until I saw them on Schmidts list...Fail.

This is how I divided it up before.

Kris and I will divide everyone up evenly between the two rooms. So far we have 12 people, so 6 in each room.

Zephyrus
Maddy
John B.
Master_Yoda
KafkaX
Nicole

mutantllama
Matt H.
Vince
V.V.V.V.V.
Eric
Chris

My room is $836 for 4 nights, divided 6 ways is $140 per person.

Would love to get more people on board.

To make things equal for everyone, shouldn't we total up both rooms? That way, each person is spending only like $10-20 more as opposed to those staying with Kris spending much more per person?

Also, I plan on ordering my Edison Lot ticket very soon. After that, it may take me a until my next paycheck to get the hotel paid for. Is that ok with the crew?