Masterpieces.

Can't name ONE but... I love all these albums.

Entombed - Morning Star
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Pantera - Reinventing The Steel
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Sepultura - Roots
Slayer - Reign In Blood

MURAI said:
Can't name ONE but... I love all these albums.

Entombed - Morning Star
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Pantera - Reinventing The Steel
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Sepultura - Roots
Slayer - Reign In Blood
For Entombed, I would say Clandestine instead, and Arise should be in there among the Sepultura albums.

I'm guessing you're more of a conservative or traditional heavy metaller Necro so you dont really bands that change their original sound. I dont mind when bands change or experiment with their sound as long as they go into that trendy realm with Max Cavalera with Soulfly.

Entombed - They got some back lash from going from traditional death metal to death n roll but I pretty much love all their albums except for maybe Same Difference and Inferno.

Pantera - I love Reinventing The Steel best unlike everyone else. It's more straightforward and heavy compared to their other albums.

Sepultura - I love all their albums with Max Cavalera. Arise is a good album but I dont think it matches up for their previous album with the exception of a few songs. Roots is pissed on because it's not thrash at all and it sounds basic. I love the vocals and the experimentation with tribal music though.

ffanatic said:
*sigh*

When will people learn, Agalloch is not like early Opeth, Agalloch is like early Ulver.
I think the thing about Agalloch is that they're not really like any other band, though they have quite strong influences by both early Opeth and early Ulver.

ffanatic said:
When will people learn, Agalloch is not like early Opeth, Agalloch is like early Ulver.
Uh...sorry? My mistake, Agalloch sound like early Opeth AND early Ulver. I can hear it now...

MURAI said:
I'm guessing you're more of a conservative or traditional heavy metaller Necro so you dont really bands that change their original sound. I dont mind when bands change or experiment with their sound as long as they go into that trendy realm with Max Cavalera with Soulfly.
I don't mind bands changing if they get better (ie Carcass, Emperor) but Sepultura did their best work on Beneath and Arise, with Chaos AD being average and Roots sucking outright. Now I can see how you may like them, but masterpeices they ain't. The same with Entombed, and Pantera although quite good early on were never up to the stadards of great 80's thrash bands like Kreator, Destruction and Dark Angel. But it's all just IMO.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. by Incubus. A mammoth exploration of musical ideas of incredible proportions. Heavy, funky, jazzy, catchy, and mind-blowing all at once.

Almost anyone should find something they like on it. Anyone.

Man, I see a lot of stuff here I wouldn't ever consider a masterpiece. =/

Anyways, here are some of my picks:

Iced Earth - Stormrider
Rush - Moving Pictures
Opeth - Damnation
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Metallica - Master OF Puppets
Iron Maiden - Killers
King Crimson - In The Court OF The Crimson King....

What the fuck? Do you know what an "opinion" is? If you like something which I think is shit then in my veiw your taste in music is not good, when you then call that album a "masterpeice" I raise my level of disapproval from "not good" to "shit".

Even if it is not always expressed people are forever grading the muic others enjoy on their own personal scale. If I came here and said: "(your favourite band) are crap, S club seven is much better" would you say: "Oh jolly good, I disagree but your taste in music is beyond repute since it is based on opinion." Or would you call me ignorant as you did in the Mudvayne thread?

Necro Joe said:
What the fuck? Do you know what an "opinion" is? If you like something which I think is shit then in my veiw your taste in music is not good, when you then call that album a "masterpeice" I raise my level of disapproval from "not good" to "shit".
Fair enough.... but most posters (Dying Sun, Divine Intent, etc...) that constantly criticize other's opinions are firmly believed that its a fact. Not that you believe that, but, you have no respect for other people's opinions. Nobody's calling you nuts for the things you put on your list. And yes, I love that album.