Mathmetal... Any advices?

~Neurotica said:
2 TylerTheNuke:
Yeah, I really want it to blow my mind. Now i'm kinda in search of King Crimson, but no results, still cant find it. I guess if to follow your description - Thrack will be great for me, but I'll get Red too.
Another advice that I've got is Ion Dissonance. And man, they sound crazy. What do you think about em?

Amazon.com

Never Heard Ion Dissonance.

thank you for adress =)
yes, Ion Dissonance is great... Their music is very difficult, I guess... It sounds pretty chaotic...

Holly.R.Wells said:
hahahhahahaha hhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahah...im not sure what math metal is but that seems like a funny yet good explanation....:lol:

I agree witht his post Holly.R.Wells.

Holly.R.Wells said:
hahahhahahaha hhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahah...im not sure what math metal is but that seems like a funny yet good explanation....:lol:

yes it sounds funny, but it comes out pretty sad, when you realize - person seriously thinks that mathmetal is made by that way...

How the hell is mathematics a more ridiculous topic than say, gore or vikings or religion? It's just different because people dont' normally write songs about math and science.. music has always been about religion, mythology, violence and such...

Personally I don't have much of an interest in music about math, or care really if they incorporate mathmatics into their music. However, I don't think it's a particularly cheesy thing after all.

Math Metal is bullshit!! Every band can write a difficult song to play (or in strange tempos), but that's not a fuckin reason to call them math metal!!

Susperia said:
How the hell is mathematics a more ridiculous topic than say, gore or vikings or religion? It's just different because people dont' normally write songs about math and science.. music has always been about religion, mythology, violence and such...

Personally I don't have much of an interest in music about math, or care really if they incorporate mathmatics into their music. However, I don't think it's a particularly cheesy thing after all.

Susperia... Try to understand that mathmetal is not the music about mathematics, damn it... In which case are there religion and other stuff? Who says about lyrics content? Mathmetal - its the way how music is built technically. Notes. Guitar riffs. Drum parts.

Onder said:
Math Metal is bullshit!! Every band can write a difficult song to play (or in strange tempos), but that's not a fuckin reason to call them math metal!!

so wheres the problem for you, Onder? 60% of metal bands write difficult songs... so?... and you worry exactly about the name "mathmetal" or what?
Subject is not about that, sorry.

nono... I just don't see a reason to create such genres...

Pure Blood Broom said:
I agree witht his post Holly.R.Wells.

:D yes, likewise.....haha that made me laugh so much.. just picture it... like... at a CC show or something its like....

"Kick down the door in barbaric rage, Frantically slashing all who stand in my way....2 + 3 =5!.....Stab another face, slit another throat My intention is to mutilate them, People are screaming it feeds my hate....9 x 9= 81...
Hack through the crowd blood is splashing on my face.....13 x 379 = 4927!...."

:lol:

~Neurotica said:
yes it sounds funny, but it comes out pretty sad, when you realize - person seriously thinks that mathmetal is made by that way...

lol...i know.. thats also silly

All music is mathematical anyway. I forget who said it, but the quote was "music is nothing but subconcious counting"