Meeting Opeth

Not much.. finishing up at work on Saturday, and then I've got 3 weeks off before I set off on my great journey.. Mum's leaving for Perth in the morning, but apart from that, no exciting news.

(My name's Michael).

I met them in Worcester a couple of tours ago. Froze my ass off waiting too. But I got them to sign my BWP booklet, so I'm happy. Each one of them was quite nice - shook my hand, said thanks for coming out, etc. Mikael came out after like 2 hours (it was the last show of the tour). He talked with me and a few other fan-cicles for like 5 minutes (in his fur coat). I thought he was really polite and considerate and it was totally worth it.

But now that he's a big MTV star and on the cover of the magazines, it might be more difficult. It depends on the venue. If you really want to meet them - ask when you get there! At the very least, you'll figure out where the buses are and you can hang out there for awhile.

Good luck!

I met Lopez and Mendez by coincidence back in 1999, when they, and a friend, put up their tents next to ours at Roskilde Festival. We didn´t know at first who they were, because back then you never saw their faces in the band pictures...
They came over and wanted to hear a tape on our tape recorder, fine by us. It turned out to be a copy of Still Life, which didn´t come out for another 3 months!!! So we ended up sitting in our camp all week, listening to Opeth, smoking a fucking lot of funny tobacco :D and talking the shit with the guys. I don´t remember seeing any bands during that festival.... :)

i met them in france... i waited(?) outside freezing!
with alot of arabic people (and they dont like israeli people so much :] )

i almost get killd there... (it was in the south of france)
pic001328vo.jpg

(i pictured this :] )

Satyros said:
i met them in france... i waited(?) outside freezing!
with alot of arabic people (and they dont like israeli people so much :] )

i almost get killd there... (it was in the south of france)

I didn´t think arab people liked metal. Well, I mean, the kind of arab people who like beating up or killing other people do not strike me as the moderate kind of arabs that would be open to (western) metal.... :?

Powers said:
At camp X ray the Yanks played Metallica at full volume to the prisoners. They'd never heard anything like it, apparently some of them cried.

Yeah, I heard about that. And apparently some of the american armoured divisions copied the concept from Apocalypse Now when they attacked Iraq, having strapped emormous speakers to their tanks, playing AC/DC, which totally freaked the Iraqis out! :D
I guess I´ll have to bring a few cd´s with me when I go to Al-qaida-stan...:cool:

Powers said:
Should have perhaps played them a bit of Nile.

Yeah! :headbang:

I´ve heard that the Danish MP´s have started experiments with playing Noise to loosen up POW´s. I´ve seen footage of danish recruits on an army exercise lying on the ground with Noise records being played at extreme levels for a couple of hours. I guess I´d be ready to spill everything after that...

Powers said:
Most countries which use non violent torture/interrogation use white noize and blind folds, creating total sensory deprivation. It can quite quite litterly make a person's ears bleed.

I know, but they have actually gone out and bought albums by the "noisiest" Noise artists! :D (If they ever caught a certain friend of mine they´d get extremely frustrated! He´s into the crappiest parts of the Noise scene! :D )
Yeah, when you´ve got headphones on with white noise and a blindfold on, you tend to lose all sense of time.