Megadeth?

Stop whining about Dave's whining, Dave has actually said on the forums that he intends to quit with it, and that was maybe a year ago. Check your facts before you say something.

ingenkommentar said:
Stop whining about Dave's whining, Dave has actually said on the forums that he intends to quit with it, and that was maybe a year ago. Check your facts before you say something.

And a year goes by and I am sure he still bitches at home!!!:lol:
either way, would Dave be whining so much if Metallica was a failure?

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
Probably not, he's just jealous because they are rich and famous and he isn't.

Megadeth kick ass. If you want some raw in your face thrash get "Peace Sells But Who's Buying" and "So Far So Good So What"

Riflewolf said:
Probably not, he's just jealous because they are rich and famous and he isn't.
Meanwhile the Guys in Metallica must be jealous because Dave is still respected in the business, and they arent.

respected by who ? fans ? probabley .he def seems to have more cred as the years roll on with the old school metal crowd.by music biz people ? i doubt it. the money talks in the music biz and the metallica guys are kicking his ass when it comes to product moved. i have never seen Dave at a "biz" funtion (i.e. awards show). Metallica will grab all the biz glory (grammy's , hall of fame inductions, top ten polls,and lists of greatest bands of all time) dave will just remain in the shadows bitter at his former band mates.

Its wild how not becoming rich and famous earns you more respect. I'm sure if dave had not been given the boot way back when he would be a douche just like the rest of them.

He should be greatful he was kicked out. Does he realize that it could have been him in Cliffs bunk?

karrokid said:
respected by who ? fans ? probabley .he def seems to have more cred as the years roll on with the old school metal crowd.by music biz people ? i doubt it. the money talks in the music biz and the metallica guys are kicking his ass when it comes to product moved. i have never seen Dave at a "biz" funtion (i.e. awards show). Metallica will grab all the biz glory (grammy's , hall of fame inductions, top ten polls,and lists of greatest bands of all time) dave will just remain in the shadows bitter at his former band mates.
I mean among his fans and peers.
The biz people... they have no respect for anyone.

Eh. Its a damned if you do, damned if you dont gamut. If you do what you want with a lean toward radio play, you are a sellout. Hencefoth Metallica AFTER the Black album. It is also debateable if they never even achieved half of what they are now, Load, ReLoad and St. Anger still would have happened. BUT, if you do what you want and never stray from one particular sound, you are not? How is playing to your fans exclusively (again Pantera are the poster boys for this) NOT selling out? Megadeth can still sell arenas and bigger clubs (House of Blues) and stuff. The status Metallica has achieved has only been surpassed by the Rolling Stones and Madonna, MAYBE Elvis (ok probably). Metallica has become the thing of dreams and a SEVERE case of luck and knowing what to do in the right situation. I mean, what other metal band has done and won and seen and did and recorded alongside or got the monetary backing they have achieved??

Should Dave be jealous? Maybe, if anything he should be thankful. Through them he got to know how things work, how to write good songs (not riffs, but actual song writing techniques) and got to know inside people. Perhaps, and this is really streching it, if Dave were never in Metallica, not even a jam, Megadeth might not have even attained a "one album wonder" of 80's thrash metal. He might have been jealous and bitched alot, but he learned alot as well.

Anyway you look at it, Megadeth was/is a good band and has some really good albums and is hallowed as one of the "big 4" of metal as we know it.

The status Metallica has achieved has only been surpassed by the Rolling Stones and Madonna, MAYBE Elvis (ok probably).
U2 has a status that is so mega huge also. I like the fact that Elvis never played outside the U.S. , and had no benifit of cabel t.v. or the internet.

Thus ended at the age of 42 the career of the man who recorded more than 400 songs, who sold more than 260 million records and who will always embody not only rock and roll but the sudden explosion of young white affluence which created it. He received dozens of offers to perform in Britain but turned them all down."

I look at it like this.
If a band keeps doing what they do and they gain popularity... that's one thing, but it's when they jump on the trend bandwagon to gain popularity that they loose credibility.
Not to say that bands shouldn't evolve. There’s nothing worse, in my opinion, than a band that just keeps shitting out the same record every two years.
I guess it's just the GUT feeling you get about their motives.

karrokid said:
U2 has a status that is so mega huge also. I like the fact that Elvis never played outside the U.S. , and had no benifit of cabel t.v. or the internet.

Yeah I forgot about U2. And Elvis never played outside of the US!? I did not know that. I do agree with Dumbass though that sometimes your gut tells you that a release or album or image was not chosen to the best of a bands abilities. However, I do tihnk it was a good idea for Scott to shave his head. I dug the huge hare krishna rat tail he had back on POT as well. That was a good image change. Although I do not think cutting hair, wearing eye liner, or kissing a drummer was a good move. I KNOW KRK likes to stir up stuff and thats 100% of the reason he did it. But James is right in saying that maybe some of the things they did/shown the world put an air of instability in the name "Metallica." :puke:

metal_thrashing_kansan said:

Please, find a new article or forum post or something where Dave bitches about Metallica, and tell me.

Metallica suck!

Check out ''So Far So Good So What'' ''Peace Sells'' ''Rust in peace'' ''Count Down..'' and leave it there, if you can cope with Dave's Micky Mouse impression on some of the songs you'll like um.

John Bush was offered a singing spot in Metallica but turned it down. He's said in interviews that maybe had he joined Metallica, they would not have become as successful and that he doesn't regret not joining. Things happen for a reason.

Mustaine should reflect the same way. Had he stayed with Metallica, perhaps they would have self imploded or not have become quite as successful.

The best line up of Megadeth was Friedman, Menza, Ellefson.

The best line up of Metallica Burton, Hammett, Hetfield, Ulrich

The best line up of Anthrax??? That's a tough one to answer.

51% of me leans toward Caggiano, Bello, Bush
49% of me leans toward Spitz, Bello, Belladonna

And they flip flop all the time. Both had classic albums.

AlexStomp said:
John Bush was offered a singing spot in Metallica but turned it down. He's said in interviews that maybe had he joined Metallica, they would not have become as successful and that he doesn't regret not joining. Things happen for a reason.

Mustaine should reflect the same way. Had he stayed with Metallica, perhaps they would have self imploded or not have become quite as successful.

The best line up of Megadeth was Friedman, Menza, Ellefson.

The best line up of Metallica Burton, Hammett, Hetfield, Ulrich

The best line up of Anthrax??? That's a tough one to answer.

51% of me leans toward Caggiano, Bello, Bush
49% of me leans toward Spitz, Bello, Belladonna

And they flip flop all the time. Both had classic albums.

I fully agree with the Megadeth line up.

I don't care about Metallica.

I'm gonna go with the classic line up of Anthrax just because that's the original. That doesn't mean I don't like modern Anthrax.