Melodeath

The Chainheart Machine is one of my favorite albums of all-time so yeah old Soilwork rules...The guitar playing on the album is amazing. Picture Slaughter of the Soul but Technical and more In Flamesy.

The Chainheart Machine is one of my favorite albums of all-time so yeah old Soilwork rules...The guitar playing on the album is amazing. Picture Slaughter of the Soul but Technical and more In Flamesy.

Nice description. Now listening to "the Chainheart Machine"

Following it up with "Neon Rebels"

This shit is killer! Sounds like Arch Enemy meets "Colony" era In Flames.

What does everyone think of "Spectral" from Skyfire?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvuyYN-XIHI&feature=PlayList&p=D16C4803878268AC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=54[/ame]

"Shivering Shade"

This album fucking slays!

LMMFAO. This is hilarious.

I've never heard of any of the "Melodic Death Metal bands you posted, but took the liberty of looking everyone of them up on the tube. I also trust metal-archives extensivly when it comes to band information and reviews. Now assuming Demigod, is the band from finland, Quo Vadis is the only band that has MELODIC in the genre description on the archives. Not to mention that my own judgement concured that NONE of these bands are Melodic. Yes, they are DM bands who use a little more melody than their brethren, but this isn't melodic death metal to me.

Now i can understand calling early Dark Tranquillity, and In Flames, melodic death metal. While possibly labeling newer Norther and Children of Bodom "Melodeath". Early MDM didn't use keyboards and was a hell of alot rawer. But i dont think you guys take into account that the genre evolved as the bands evolved. DT, the founders of the style added keys, while newer bands followed suit.

You guys are taking it to entirly different sense of separation, and i think its unneeded.

(your point on Norther)
Old Norther was closer to Power Metal, not anymore though. Since Death Unlimited, they've taken a more thrashy, agressive approach.

But thats my opinion man, to each their own. I consider Melodic Death Metal a broad term that describes everything from early DT to Kalmah, to Imperanon. Theres no doubt the Fins but their stamp on the genre, (as well as other countries), with the infusion of power metal. But i still consider COB and the like Melodic Death Metal. I used to call it Melodic Speed Metal with harsh vocals, lmao, but thats just too much description. If you chose to break everything down to the finest points, thats fine with me. Its all Metal man :headbang:

Jesus christ it's like a wall of stupidity in text form. You never HEARD of Demigod or Quo Vadis? CoB is death metal??

You should go back to your little bubble where Children of Bodom is a death metal band because you're clearly living in your own ridiculous world.

Just because the bands don't go overboard on the faggotry like CoB, Norther, Kalmah, In Flames, etc. doesn't mean they aren't melodic death metal. There is a distinction, it is used by a lot of metal fans for a reason, stop being an idiot.

Jesus christ it's like a wall of stupidity in text form. You never HEARD of Demigod or Quo Vadis? CoB is death metal??

You should go back to your little bubble where Children of Bodom is a death metal band because you're clearly living in your own ridiculous world.

Just because the bands don't go overboard on thefaggotry like CoB, Norther, Kalmah, In Flames, etc. doesn't mean they aren't melodic death metal. There is a distinction, it is used by a lot of metal fans for a reason, stop being an idiot.

I didn't notice the Morbid Angel avatar until now. :lol:

I can see giving COB and In Flames shit, but Kalmah? Are you fucking kidding me?

I believe the word is majesty.

You honestly think Demigod is melodic? Even the "Melodic" DM you mentioned sucks just as much, and is as boring as regular DM.

"Raping corpses in the graveyard" with shit vocals over the same drum pattern for 5 minutes = Death Metal

"Raping corpses, in the bathroom" with shit vocals over the same drum pattern for 5 minutes, followed by a harmony = Melodic Death Metal :ill:

People like you ruin discussions.

This is factually better than every single faggot melodeath gay boy band you listen to. FTF

Last edited by a moderator:
Idiots like you ruin life.

Care to elaborate at all.

Because i like Melodic Death Metal and have a difference of opinion i'm an idiot? I suppose you hang around inner city thugs, because thats the same mentallity they have. So instead of talking shit to me, you should rethink your words, and focus them at a cause worth hating.

You listen to Children of Bodom and slander actual real death metal bands. Of course your taste is faggotry, that's why it was said.

and for the record, once again, CoB is power metal. Not death metal. Never were death metal.

edit: I missed you calling Amorphis' vocals horrendous, yet you like Alexi Laiho's vocals?? this gets better and better.

You listen to Children of Bodom and slander actual real death metal bands. Of course your taste is faggotry, that's why it was said.

and for the record, once again, CoB is power metal. Not death metal. Never were death metal.

edit: I missed you calling Amorphis' vocals horrendous, yet you like Alexi Laiho's vocals?? this gets better and better.

Your opinion is so uninformed its pathetic. Never called them Death Metal. I never said i liked Laiho's vocals. :p In fact he sucks as a vocalist.

Horrendous, yes.

Mikael Stanne.

This is Melodic Power Metal.

Your trying to justify a failed opinion with shit examples.

Last edited by a moderator: