Melodeath

I consider Melodic Death Metal a broad term that describes everything from early DT to Kalmah, to Imperanon. Theres no doubt the Fins but their stamp on the genre, (as well as other countries), with the infusion of power metal. But i still consider COB and the like Melodic Death Metal. I used to call it Melodic Speed Metal with harsh vocals, lmao, but thats just too much description.QUOTE]

I'll help you out here you go, make an uninformed shit post out of this.

How much COB have you heard? 1 or 2 songs from Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper and the whole Are You Dead Yet album?

lmao. Yeah dude. CoB is so obscure how could I ever hear more than a few songs?

They fucking suck. Get this shit out of the melodeath topic. It belongs in the power metal thread. When you get some balls and listen to real metal, maybe I'll actually give a shit about what you think.

Until then, go back to your CoB faggotry.

I tend to lump all Melodeath and Melodic Death into the same basket out of sheer laziness.

I would recommend Autumn Leaves and A Canorous Quintet - they've been mentioned before. Been trying hard to get the A Canorous Quintet discography, but the albums are going for $70/$80USD on Ebay... too exy.

Jesus Christ.

Amorphis are amazing, and The Karelian Isthmus is a landmark melodic death metal album.

Kalmah are also amazing, and even though they play power metal-esque guitar harmony "faggotry" they're still one of the catchiest and best "melodeath" bands around today (way better than Bodom, that much is certain).

So I'll take both bands, and hopefully not slander the sacred genre of death metal.

Vocals are horrendous. Guitars are simple. Care to give something i like a listen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsgHMP9NnpA

Bodom isnt even melodic death metal... I dont care what MA says, especially since anyone can change shit on there. Harsh vocals doesnt automatically qualify you as death metal.
But, you're a bodom fanboy and you keep posting and posting so I might as well not bother...

I cant think of a single "melodeath" gothenburg style band I like that I can post anything from... so I'll just post some good melodic death metal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8clFZREBs&feature=related[/ame]

Insomnium is also pretty good... but I cant decide on a song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd call CoB melodeath (albeit shitty melodeath) and Reaper a moron for thinking that Amorphis sucks.
@ Krow: Great songs, but as you said, they are actually melodic death metal as opposed to melodeath.
I think of the difference between MDM and melodeath similar to the difference between heavy/power metal and hard rock. It's not an easy distinction to make for the casual listener.

I have Bodom in my avatar, thus invalidating my opinions on anything except homosexuality.
That's very true, but another reason you should be ignored is that you claim to like melodic death metal while clearly disliking normal death metal. What this actually means is that you like cocks up the ass and can't get into actual extreme metal because that would require some testosterone. In 3 or 4 years when your balls drop you'll be spamming "FUCK BODOM MORBID ANGEL ARE THE BEST THING EVER" all over the place like our good friend TestostiBrad.

Yeah, UGH can be pretty bad with its dislike of the "white boy backpacker rap" and those who like it (I never understood why they disliked it so much until I began to fall away from it). Never understood why they were so actively against it though, doesn't really negatively impact them.

I don't pay much attention to dance music scenes so I couldn't really say.