Melodic death metal

WeAreInFlames I think you have to be goddamn retarded to not take in vocals to add style in music at all. You fucking retard. It has consideration. Are you going to say a vocal-only band isn't music now or something? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Is Blood Tsunami a black metal band?
As for a capella music, there the "vocals" work as instruments - instead of delivering lyrics they work at a specific pitch. They're genuinely musical. Rock and metal singing is not really musical for the most part in that they don't usually sing a certain pitch, but rather just sing, although they frequently follow along loosely. The comparison between rock vocals and a capella is not really valid.

Over the months my opinion has changed a bit, so my new list of favourites:

At the gates - the red in the sky is ours

...Morbid, depressive, sick, dramatic! that's the way is should describe this album, especially when the violins kick in at several tracks, realy sounds dramatic.

Dark tranquillity - Of chaos and eternal night / The gallery

Classic melodic death metal, great vocals, good guitar solo's.

Wintersun - Wintersun

Realy cool power/folk/melodic death metal metal mixture, a real modern classic!

Much better. Wintersun isn't true melodic death metal, but great stuff. Can't wait for Time.

Anyone else like Scar Symmetry? Pitch Black Progress is great.

The Fathers of Melodic Death Metal....Fucking Carcass. :worship:

Heartwork is one of the most complete metal albums ever :headbang:

How will you feel pushing through the crowd of 15-year old girls with eyeshadow so you can be closer to 9 men wearing masks attempting to play some diluted form of metal?

slipknot is fucking gay.
Gay guitars.
Gay lyrics.
Gay singing.
Gay drums.
Gay bass.

Well, not really.

But everything else. And besides. A band with twice as many members should rock twice as hard, rather than sucking exponentially more.

Out of the nine members in that band, I can immediately think of 3 that don't even need to be in the band.

They have 2 percussionsists, which should give them an orgasmically tribal sound. But instead you can't even hear them, because all they ever do is imitate Joey Jordison's snare.

Having a designated "sampler" is fucking ridiculous when your band doesn't even use samples. It simply transcends all logic.

Slipknot lineup (copied from wiki):
Current

* (#8) Corey Taylor - lead vocals (1997 – present)
* (#1) Joey Jordison - drums (1995 – present)
* (#7) Mick Thomson - guitars (1996 – present)
* (#4) James Root - guitars (1999 – present)
* (#2) Paul Gray - bass, backing vocals (1995 – present)
* (#6) Shawn "Clown" Crahan - custom percussion, backing vocals (1995 – present)
* (#3) Chris Fehn - custom percussion, backing vocals (1998 – present)
* (#5) Craig "133" Jones - samples, media (1996 – present)
* (#0) Sid Wilson - turntables (1998 – present)

The two percussionists, the sampler, the turntable guy, and one of the guitarists can go, tbh. Not like they need that shit.

Well to be fair their turntablist is also pretty good. But it's pretty sad that a metal band has to have a turntablist in their band just to make their sound more interesting. If their guitarists were more talented, I don't see why they couldn't just manipulate a few pedal effects for the same result (as there's rarely any scratching in their music anymore - just stupid beeps and shit)

But I know fuck all about guitars, so yeah....