Meshuggah to use Tube amps on new album

I wish they weren't so horribly dry and brittle sounding.
but I guess that's very good for the djenty stuff

+1

future djent machine.

no thanks.

I really wanted to like it, what with the 6c33's in it..but I guess there's people that like that kinda thing. Sure beats the shit out of the woeful Linesux tones they had.

Am I the only one skeptical that using tube amps is going to change the sound much at all? I can't help but think that the tones on the last few albums were picked because they are sounds that the band likes. I've certainly heard more tube-like tones coming from PODs.

Am I the only one skeptical that using tube amps is going to change the sound much at all? I can't help but think that the tones on the last few albums were picked because they are sounds that the band likes. I've certainly heard more tube-like tones coming from PODs.

I kind of had the same thought. I think that Marten and Fredrik (maybe even the whole band) have a totally different tonal concept than a lot of people on this board. So, I doubt using tube amps is going to be 'make or break'. I just hope they keep going with what they did on Obzen since I know I won't be getting Destroy Erase Improve back :lol:

I don't much care for the sound of those DAR amps either based on clips I have heard so far. Meshuggah should use whatever amps they used on Destroy Erase Improve or Chaosphere. Their sound was huge and crushing on both those cd's.

Edit: I just went and listened to some DEI. This DAR amp might be perfect for some Meshuggah style music. So I am full of poop. I am curious to hear what the DAR sounds like in a proper mix.