Metal 2016

Well, hold on now, my good fellow. 'Labyrinth' was album of 2013! A stunning work of unimpeachable genius.
Well maybe for you it was. For me it was dull and a huge step back.

Edit: pre-ordered the damn album and I'll regret it ever since.

Well maybe for you it was. For me it was dull and a huge step back.

Edit: pre-ordered the damn album and I'll regret it ever since.

Yeah, my experience is very very different. Although I bet there are plenty around here who will agree with you.

Yeah, my experience is very very different. Although I bet there are plenty around here who will agree with you.
If they'll go back to the sound of Oracles then I'll be more than happy to buy King. Haven't heard any material from King yet so I don't know what they'll bring.

If they'll go back to the sound of Oracles then I'll be more than happy to buy King. Haven't heard any material from King yet so I don't know what they'll bring.

It's pretty much along the lines of 'Labyrinth', so you're likely to be disappointed. I'm as happy as a pig in shit, however.

What's first on your list?
Haven't really made one yet but albums that I've found recently from 2013, 14 and 15 and right now I'm trying to find some gems on vinyl. Recently bought first press of Scream Bloody Gore and Human which are on their way so I only need ITP and SoP then I have all from Death. Also looking for Immolation - Majesty & Decay and Decapitated - Nihility on vinyl.

I heard King in its entirety and it's atrocious.

I don't want to tell you what to do or anything, cause, like, I'm not the boss of you, but could you explain a little bit more please? Or can I just assume that you class 'The Fool' and 'Gravity' in the atrocious box as well and just make my own assumptions?

I don't want to tell you what to do or anything, cause, like, I'm not the boss of you, but could you explain a little bit more please? Or can I just assume that you class 'The Fool' and 'Gravity' in the atrocious box as well and just make my own assumptions?

Sorry man, I just mean it's very, very bland to my ears. Tons of what you'd expect and nothing that stood out or grabbed me even remotely. Perhaps "atrocious" was too strong a pejorative. I've never been big into FGA anyway but if you are then you may well enjoy it.

On another note, this kicks major ass ...

Reactions: CiG
3 really solid releases here:

Xantam

Titaan

SPEKTR

Spektr_cover_correct_SMALL.jpg

Yea it's really strong. Way better than the new Borknagar, which isn't bad and probably their best since Empiricism (which isn't saying much although Urd has some amazing songs but is altogether clumsy). I also just got the new Urgehal and I can't wait to listen to that.
The Urgehal is fucking good.