metal and faiths

Specifically it was about his mother. She was Christian Science which does not believe in modern medicine. She got cancer and refused treatment and withered away. The song is essentially how her faith and her god failed her. I don't think it can be logically construed to be a criticism of all religious beliefs, even all Christian beliefs.

Sure. However, when you're a pissed off 11 - 12 year old who can't stand being dragged to church, the song "Leper Messiah" can be quite inspirational, in the anti-religious sense.

I still find it mind boggling how many people seemingly take Slayer's 'Satanism' seriously. Ages ago I was at a gig and I saw a dude with a Slayer shirt, so I asked him, 'What do you think about Tom Araya being Christian and singing stuff like "God Hates Us All"?'

Fair question I thought, it seems like a bizarre thing for someone to have such strong beliefs about an issue and sing in a non satirical manner about the opposite, and I wondered what a Slayer fan would think of this. His response was, 'NO HE'S NOT! HE'S A FUCKING SATANIST!' So I went, 'Uuuhhhh, I'm pretty sure he's said in interv...' 'HE'S A FUCKING SATANIST YOU FUCK!' I just went, 'Rrrriiiiiggghhht, I'm going over there now...'

He's an incredibly unattractive man with bad hair. I'd be an asshole too if I got dealt such a bad hand in life.

Sure. However, when you're a pissed off 11 - 12 year old who can't stand being dragged to church, the song "Leper Messiah" can be quite inspirational, in the anti-religious sense.

I love the message in Leper Messiah, as well as Crystal Mountain (Death). Religion is generally a crock of shit to make money for the ultimate con-artists.

Religion =/= faith, or whatever you want to call it.

Mustaine is a fucking asshole. The Rotting Christ episode was disgusting.

Mustaine is a fucking weirdo, and still think he's on drugs. He runs one of the worst piece of shit forums i've ever seen. It's like being in a church with a strict nun on that forum, and christians get on that site and condemn heavy metal. I can't stand that Megadeth crowd, and the forum moderators over there are retarded brainwashed idiots. I hate that place.

Church = religion

For the most part. I recently started attending a sort of a home meeting kind of thing, but theres no offering, just talking about the Bible. Much closer to what I envision as legit, as opposed to some dude acting like the local messiah and demanding money (99% of churches)

If you are going to a physical church, then it is religion.

I want to go to one of those megachurches someday just to see what it's like.