Metal Bands that Cover Classical Music

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
Looking for bands that cover classical music. Two that I already know of is the Trans-Siberian Orchestra album Beethoven's Last Night, and The Great Kat does a lot of classical covers. What are some others?

Mmm I also forgot to mention 2 other metal classical covers I know about

Apocalyptica did a cover of In the Hall of the Mountain King, and Nile did a partial cover of the movement Mars Bringer of War(from The Planets) titled Ramses Bringer of War.

Savatage - Prelude To Madness (From Hall of the Mountain King). Cover of Hall of the Mountain King.

Rhapsody - while they compose their own stuff, if you want classical metal, good place to start.

Yngwie - if you can stand the overbearing wankery, his entire career consisted of ripping off classical music.

Six Feet Under did two full albums of cover song, they weren't very good but if you want to listen they're called "Graveyard classics".

Edit: Missread the first post. That album had nothing to do with classical music.

The German thrash metal band Mekong Delta might be what you´re looking for.

After covering Mussorgsky´s "The Hut Of Baba Yaga" on their eponymously-titled debut and "The Gnome" on "The Music Of Erich Zann", they later on covered Mussorgsky´s entire "Pictures At An Exhibition".

On "The Principle Of Doubt", there´s a short instrumental piece "El Colibri" by Julio Sagreras played on bass.

On "Dances Of Death", there´s a cover-version of Mussorgsky´s "Night On A Bare Mountain".

On their current album "Lurking Fear", they covered the "Allegro" from "Symphony No. 10" by Shostakovich.

They once also released a CD-single titled "Toccata". The title-track is not the (most famous?) "Toccata" by Bach, but by a composer called Alberto Ginastera.

Mmm I also forgot to mention 2 other metal classical covers I know about

Apocalyptica did a cover of In the Hall of the Mountain King, and Nile did a partial cover of the movement Mars Bringer of War(from The Planets) titled Ramses Bringer of War.

Didn't know that about that Nile song and it's one of their songs I really liked. I am going to check up on this.