metal fucking -core -core -core

Ex-cally-boo said:
If they could have incorperated something like...

they're definately more hardcore and 90s metalcore oriented, but they did write those songs in 2000 or earlier, and combining technical brutal death-grind with hardcore hadn't become "the thing" yet. that's probably my favorite aspect of the music, there just hasn't been anything like it in years.

not that i don't love brutal fucking grindgrindgrind, but i'd love to hear more bands that incorporate melodic hardcore with it.

(M)aggoT said:
I think that people excessively associates metalcore with emo shit.

Hmm.....I wonder why? :lol:

A metalcore band
mainpic.jpg

An emo band...I think (?)
lgLP0986.jpg

Teh Grimarse said:
they're definately more hardcore and 90s metalcore oriented, but they did write those songs in 2000 or earlier, and combining technical brutal death-grind with hardcore hadn't become "the thing" yet. that's probably my favorite aspect of the music, there just hasn't been anything like it in years.

not that i don't love brutal fucking grindgrindgrind, but i'd love to hear more bands that incorporate melodic hardcore with it.

Yeah, all I want are for the vocals to be changed.

Teh Grimarse said:
special thanks to Banned.

7 Angels, 7 Plagues

so, you hate metalcore? hah! you're a fag! well, here's your chance to stop being a fag by downloading my favorite metalcore album of all time, "Jhazmyne's Lullably" by 7 Angels, 7 Plagues.

sounds terrible, right?

well, it pwns your soul and fuck right off to hell.

you will like this.

you will like metalcore after you hear this.

you WILL LOVE FUCKING BREAKDOWNS after hearing this.

it's brutal, it's melodic, it's fast and technical, it's jazzy and soft and mellow, it's thrashy at times, it's epic at other times, but it's got more amazing and memorable riffs per song than any album from any style i've ever owned.

and there's no "emo singing", just vicious death-core vokills that put most d00ds to shame.

and THE FUCKING BREAKDOWNS... the best ever... EVER....

this band only released this one album back in 2000 or 2001, and it's honestly the greatest album of it's genre from it's era, IMHO.

enough fellatio?

DOWNLOAD IT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU FEEL.

OK so not wanting to waste time downloading it I decided to listen to it on mp3.com... and god does it suck. Are you kidding?

Teh Grimarse said:
lamb of god = pantera 60%, slayer 30%, melodeath 8%, metalcore 2%

they're really only 'metalcore' when they do breakdowns, and they only have about 5 or 6 of them between their albums.

So 60% redneck, 30% good, 8% boring and 2% shit... no thanks.