Metal Gods tour not happening with SyX

Geez, does anyone consider the extent of what these guys have given up to this point??? And they leave for an all out European tour yet. They didn't have to set up a few gigs in between, but they did. They are all for their fans, and I'm happy with whatever decision they choose, and I'm happy for whoever gets an opportunity to see them live. Symphony X are the most incredible band on the planet.
(IN MY OPINION - better be sure to get that in there) :headbang:

They've done extremely well so far (except for that damn bus, but it wasn't their fault!) I trust their judgement 100%. Let's wish them all a safe, successful, and enjoyable tour!

Thats freakin crap!!!! I didnt get to see them last year cause Blind Guardian cancelled Houston and now Symphony X pulls out of a show that I was finally going to be able to see them in???? Man!!! This pisses me off!!!! There are plenty of progessive/power metal fans in the US, yet we get screwed cause they have a bigger fanbase in Europe and other countries.. Thanks alot Symphony X.. Way to play for your fans from the country your from!

Peace, ROB

It is a good thing that I am able to travel to progpower IF I am able to get a ticket as this might have been only way to see symphony x in arizona as they skipped us by on the blind guardian tour.

Cds won't gain you new fans nor will just playing headlining gigs. sure, I would love to experience a very long headlining set like I saw of dream theater the last few times but if by playing on a big tour(a metal one like this and not lowering one's self to be on a fest full of nu rock bands) gains you exposure, I think it is worth it. Otherwise, you play in front of the same crowds over and over. Just ask Iced earth.

Reactions: MadeInNewJersey
Ultimate_Symphony said:
I really don't share that view, I don't think SyX would give a shit what a bunch of death metal morons (don't get me wrong, i'm a death metal fan myself) have to say about them. The metal gods tour has that backlash, but it's actually more beneficial than prejudicial. They have to take their chances if they want to get bigger in the metal world. Anyway, I understand the reasons the band gave for not going to the tour.

Actually Ultimate, I think of all the possible black or death metal bands for a prog/power band to tour with MINUS backlash, the bands on the Metal Gods tour have fans who for the most part fairly open-minded. Amon Amarth, Immortal & Dark Tranquillity all have very widespread fanbases, many of whom enjoy prog & power metal.

It's not like they were on a tour with Cannibal Corpse and Mayhem!

BlitzkriegWitchcraft said:
Thats freakin crap!!!! I didnt get to see them last year cause Blind Guardian cancelled Houston and now Symphony X pulls out of a show that I was finally going to be able to see them in???? Man!!! This pisses me off!!!! There are plenty of progessive/power metal fans in the US, yet we get screwed cause they have a bigger fanbase in Europe and other countries.. Thanks alot Symphony X.. Way to play for your fans from the country your from!

Peace, ROB

Just to be clear, Symphony X is using their headlining gig at ProgPower this coming September to launch a full-scale headlining tour across North America in the fall.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.

markgugs said:
Actually Ultimate, I think of all the possible black or death metal bands for a prog/power band to tour with MINUS backlash, the bands on the Metal Gods tour have fans who for the most part fairly open-minded. Amon Amarth, Immortal & Dark Tranquillity all have very widespread fanbases, many of whom enjoy prog & power metal.

It's not like they were on a tour with Cannibal Corpse and Mayhem!

Yeah, I know. I'm not saying saying it's a big backlash (actually I agree with ya) like I said, it's more beneficial than prejudicial and if they want to get bigger, they have to take their chances (And the chances are pretty small if you ask me, hehe)

\m/

Reactions: MadeInNewJersey