Metal Merch (Seventh Wonder)

Kazi

Photographer
Seventh Wonder recently posted a link to their new merch here and that got me thinking. What's the coolest or most interesting piece of band merchandise you own? I currently haven't strayed far from tour shirts, but I've been considering adding a metal baseball cap to my collection. I've been eyeing the one in Seventh Wonder's shop, does anyone know of other bands that offer baseball caps?

Reggies Rock Club in Chicago had Paul DiAnno / Reggies tour shirts for sale when he played earlier this year. They were pretty cool. The front had the DiAnno logo in Maiden font and the date of the show and the back was Reggies Rock Club presents....with the flyer for the show on the back. Pretty cool idea, I wish more places did this for shows.

Another thing that is cool. While I cant stand the band but Bible of the Devil will make show posters for some of thier cooler shows. I know a few other bands do this too. I am still mad I didnt get the last one I saw with Icarus Witch, Pharoh, Slough Feg and Trouble on it.

I still vote Evergrey's "Friday Night Apocalpyse/Destroying Atlanta" shirt. *That* is how you do an exclusive item.

+1.

The special ProgPower-only event shirt that Amorphis did was a valiant effort, but it wasn't quite as well done.

I currently haven't strayed far from tour shirts, but I've been considering adding a metal baseball cap to my collection. I've been eyeing the one in Seventh Wonder's shop, does anyone know of other bands that offer baseball caps?

There are quite a few. I was surprised to see baseball caps from both Behemoth and Satyricon at my friend's new rock/metal/comics store at Mall of Georgia. I considered getting one, but I look goofy in baseball caps. :heh:

Now, the Savatage and Darkthrone picture-discs there are a different story..... (!)

Already started dropping hints to the wife. She even got the link to the merch page on her email. This whole birthday on Christmas day thing is quite enjoyable this time of the year... :lol:

Some of my coolest pieces of merch (in my opinion, of course) include a few rare shirts (especially my Angra ones - Holy Land, Freedom Call, Fireworks), a few original demo tapes (Angra's Reaching Horizons (THANK YOU CLAUS) and Rhapsody's Eternal Glory).

Anybody got a pic of the Nightwish condoms from 2004? The ones where the package says "Wish I had an Angel" on one side and "Your Virgin Mary undone" on the other side. I just did a quick image search but didn't turn up a pic.

I'm somehow glad winter is coming again: I have a fantastic Seventh Wonder-hat I can now wear again :)

Anybody got a pic of the Nightwish condoms from 2004? The ones where the package says "Wish I had an Angel" on one side and "Your Virgin Mary undone" on the other side. I just did a quick image search but didn't turn up a pic.

Nuclear Blast did a lot of that stuff to gain interest in their releases - it's a fun little gimmick. They a.o did the same for Hammerfall (condom packages reading "Let the hammer stand", haha) and In Flames (can't remember what that read).
Another cool gimmick was in the mid 90's when Century Media was promoting Moonspell's "Irreligious" with bottles of Port Vine with a Moonspell label, Sentenced's "Frozen" with plastic windshield ice scrapers, and much more (can't remember what it was they did for Tiamat and Stuck Mojo, but I remember there was some other cool stuff there).

c.

Nuclear Blast did a lot of that stuff to gain interest in their releases - it's a fun little gimmick. They a.o did the same for Hammerfall (condom packages reading "Let the hammer stand", haha) and In Flames (can't remember what that read).
Another cool gimmick was in the mid 90's when Century Media was promoting Moonspell's "Irreligious" with bottles of Port Vine with a Moonspell label, Sentenced's "Frozen" with plastic windshield ice scrapers, and much more (can't remember what it was they did for Tiamat and Stuck Mojo, but I remember there was some other cool stuff there).

c.

I think it's actually really cool that the labels do these little gimmicky, promotional little items. As for Nightwish, you just can't live without these things. Every little 15 year old teenager needs to lose their virginity wearing a Nightwish condom. You know they absolutely *HAVE TO* get the Nightwish pillow case, the Nightwish tie, the Nightwish lunchbox with boxes of Nightwish Hot Chocolate mix and Nightwish Cookies. It's just mandatory.