metal songs whose existence cannot be justified

Beavis and Butthead have shit taste in metal tbh. Also grim reaper is traditional metal, which immediately makes it a lot better than most of what the people who dislike them here listen to.

Pretty sure I never implied that I was shitting on traditional heavy metal as a genre, as I love that style of music. Grim Reaper, however, is just bad. Also, I've never looked to Beavis And Butthead for music recommendations. I don't think anyone who isn't certifiably retarded would.

Here is a band called Viraemia. They're from Arizona. I've seen them live a couple of times when they were opening up for better bands. These guys are the epitome of completely forgettable, weak ass, cheesy, masturbatory modern tech death. I hate this band so much. There is no direction or point to their music at all other than to demonstrate how fast they can move their fingers. Oh and their bassist plays a bass that has like 100 strings on it. Whoa man, totally rad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5rfOgqK0lw

Somebody explain to me what's redeeming about this.

:lol: those riffs sound like pinball machines going off... tech death fucking sucks

The haters of orchestral metal are so cliched. Just because you spend most of your time listening to metal that sounds like goats being killed, does that mean you can't like or at least appreciate classical music or metal mixed with classical music? I like everything from traditional classical music to orchestral metal to experimental metal like S.O.A.D. to traditional metal like Amon Amarth. Criticizing one of the leading symphonic power metal bands of the last decade (Rhapsody) as useless simply shows your lack of class and ability to appreciate (not necessarily like) the full face of metal, but rather taking a narrow, compartmentalized view. Of course there is a lot of crappy power metal of various sub-genres out there, but Rhapsody's history and legacy shows that they definitely don't belong to this category.

Goddamn this NocturnalNemesis guy is annoying. Hey, buddy, you don't have to write a page-long fuckin' tirade everytime someone says some shit you disagree with.

The haters of orchestral metal are so cliched. Just because you spend most of your time listening to metal that sounds like goats being killed, does that mean you can't like or at least appreciate classical music or metal mixed with classical music? I like everything from traditional classical music to orchestral metal to experimental metal like S.O.A.D. to traditional metal like Amon Amarth. Criticizing one of the leading symphonic power metal bands of the last decade (Rhapsody) as useless simply shows your lack of class and ability to appreciate (not necessarily like) the full face of metal, but rather taking a narrow, compartmentalized view. Of course there is a lot of crappy power metal of various sub-genres out there, but Rhapsody's history and legacy shows that they definitely don't belong to this category.
First of all
>Amon Amarth
>traditional metal

And symphonic power metal is only related to classical aesthetically.