Metal..

UltimateMetalFanatic

New Metal Member
Mar 4, 2004
I am fairly new to the forum, been reading it for a while but I never posted anything. I was just wondering what your top three favorite metal bands were. I just started getting into metal so my favorite metal bands are a little "mainstream" for most of your tastes but I can't really get into the growling of bands like Lamb of God. Anyways, my favorite bands in no particular order are:

Korn ~ incredibly hard, fast paced and an all around awsome band.
P.O.D. ~ again and incredibly hard fast paced band with a fairly unique sound to them. By far one of the most inovative metal bands I have heard.
Kid Rock ~ His patriotism drives our country. By far America's greatest metal band.

Oh ya and some honorable mentions go to Disturb for their amazing singer and Godsmack for being an all around good band.

hmmm... not a fan of those metal bands (and i use the term VERY loosely) but anyways my favs are:
1. Children Of Bodom
2. Into Eternity
3. In Flames (not really the new material)
4. Old Man's Child

Terrible, obvious fake account. It'll be funny to see how many idiots take the opening post seriously.

I am not soo much into the old the in flames stuff, but their new stuff is incredible. Man those swede's can really rock, but nothing compared the Kid Rock.

Well its good to see that your getting into metal, but theres much better stuff out there then the stuff you hear on the radio (although I do like Korn, very good straight forward emotional band). I recomend you try to get into the extreem vocals though, cuz otherwise your cutting yourself off to most of the best stuff out there. I'd say start out with something like My Dying Bride's "Angel in the Dark River" or some of the later In the Woods, Arcturus or Anathema album albums, non of which have growls.

Um my favorite metal bands:
Opeth (these guys are good for transitioning into "growling" metal btw)
Emperor
My Dying Bride
Neurosis
Agalloch

crimsonfloyd said:
Um my favorite metal bands:
Opeth (these guys are good for transitioning into "growling" metal btw)
Emperor
My Dying Bride
Neurosis
Agalloch

Nice to see that you like Agalloch. What do you think about their album "The Mantle"? Personally I like it a lot.

Oh The Mantle is a very good album, it just keeps growing on me more and more over time. Have you heard their new EPs? Very promising, I get the feeling that their next full length is gonna be something very special.

UltimateMetalFanatic said:
I am fairly new to the forum, been reading it for a while but I never posted anything. I was just wondering what your top three favorite metal bands were. I just started getting into metal so my favorite metal bands are a little "mainstream" for most of your tastes but I can't really get into the growling of bands like Lamb of God. Anyways, my favorite bands in no particular order are:

Korn ~ incredibly hard, fast paced and an all around awsome band.
P.O.D. ~ again and incredibly hard fast paced band with a fairly unique sound to them. By far one of the most inovative metal bands I have heard.
Kid Rock ~ His patriotism drives our country. By far America's greatest metal band.

Oh ya and some honorable mentions go to Disturb for their amazing singer and Godsmack for being an all around good band.
Great band list :headbang:

Yes I very much agree with the thread starters list. I am particularly inspired by the Christian message of POD, guys that allow the lord to live through their music. God bless them. I think you forgot Iced Earth though, heres a band with alot of "patriotism" despite the fact they are more popular in Europe and god I love those new riffs and ideas of that really nice guitarist Jon Schaffer- what a nice guy.

And lets not forget the power metal fans for having the guts to step out into the world, and admit- here we are world- gay and proud of it.

I'm getting into Trapt right now. They are heavy as fuck and yet have such meaningful lyrics, and then of course there's Staind (sheer genius!). Oh, and Evanescence (the originators of that whole sound that bands like Lacuna Coil and Sisters of Mercy are now trying to rip off). I tried some of the underground bands like Linkin Park and Papa Roach but it was just too noisy for me. Still, I suppose I've got to respect their artistic integrity.

I can't believe I forgot innovative bands like Linkin Park. I mean, they were soo bad ass with their first CD, that in their second CD they were able to just remix all of their old songs instead of make new ones. Not many bands are able to say that, plus with their whole marketing scheme with changing their name from Hybrid Theory to Linkin Park so that they're closer to Limp Bizkit on the CD shelf, sheer genius. With a band full of well to do thinkers it's no wonder that Linkin Park is well off and probably one of the most innovative and influential metal bands in history.

Also, Stained, how could I forget them. They are almost too good to be true. They're the most emotional band I have ever heard, every time I hear "Its been a while" an unbelievable euphoric feeling overcomes my thoughts and emotions bringing a tear to my eye. They leave me breathless. Only if bands like Mayhem, Lamb of God and Dimmuborgir could lose their growling aspect then they could sing very emotional music.

yes i believe this is a definate fake account. It seems to me that if person x knows about mayhem etc then they wouldn't be praising those mentioned bands, not that mayhem deserver praise either but im just saying nothing really.

long live Linkin Park!

Flaming Death said:
yes i believe this is a definate fake account. It seems to me that if person x knows about mayhem etc then they wouldn't be praising those mentioned bands, not that mayhem deserver praise either but im just saying nothing really.

You may be on to something there.

One of the more obvious fake accounts. The person behind has some knowledge of what bands most of the people on UM.com really hate, like In Flames' latest stuff, Linkin Park, Disturbed and POD. I doubt that even a die-hard POD fan (do they exist?) would call their music "innovative". Not very convincing.