30.Edge Of Sanity - Crimson
31.Katatonia - Tonight's Decision
33.Tool - Lateralus
41.Slayer - Reign In Blood
44.Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
49.Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

50.Dissection - Somberlain, The

That's 20 I own from the list...

...these lists are never good. Still, this is better than many that seem to enjoy putting a bunch of rock albums on their lists (even though Tool is somehow mentioned twice here).

Erik said:
Oh, DMDS was there. Uh, I just realized I copied from JayKeeley's post while Dreamlord's original one was fucked for a moment, so I missed some.
What the?? I own that Mayhem release. Make me Mr. 39 then.

NAD said:
Out of these the only definite one I would have in my top metal albums of all time is Rust in Peace.
When you say, "top metal albums", are you talking about your top 50 or top 10 or what?

i own 90% of those cds.

but i disagree on the Soilwork part...
i used to love them in their early days.. they were fresh, different and interesting.
when they released Natural Born Chaos it was thre beginning of the fall, but at least it had some nice moments... it seemed like they are toying with their own music.. breaking the rules of death metal, and re-build it all in one album...

but..
GODAMN has anyone listened to their latest album ????
is it metal at all ?
it sounds like MTV pop, im serious.
its so fucking bad.

take Soilwork away from that list!!!

:D

Dead_Lioness said:
but..
GODAMN has anyone listened to their latest album ????
is it metal at all ?
it sounds like MTV pop, im serious.
its so fucking bad.

take Soilwork away from that list!!!
Allow me to plug myself and check out my review. :cool:

23.Metallica - Master Of Puppets
26.At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
32.Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
49.Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
50.Dissection - Somberlain, The

Five. I AM TEH TRVE though stupid for not owning Storm of the Light's Bane and Reign in Blood. I will, though. Actually I don't own near enough albums... Just over 200 (205-210 something, I think) everything (Demos, eps, albums etc) included. Someone give a poor kid some charity!

i actually think 'natural born chaos' was soilwork at their peak; it is their only original album. the ones before it were blatant ripoffs of at the gates, while thaeir latest is their attempt at being melodic mall-core and is an utter failure (except for the song "strangler"). i have to wonder how much of the innovation on NBC was actually soilwork and how much was devin's influece.

JayKeeley said:
When you say, "top metal albums", are you talking about your top 50 or top 10 or what?
I'm not sure what the point of making a top 50 album from an individual's collection would be, so I guess I speak of a top 10, or maybe a top 15. "ooohh!! NAD says Ridge the Lighitng is #76 of ALL TIME Imma buy it!!!111111"

Sorath said:
... and you know I hate you for that, Erik. You have 387657325986257894523 dolers and get free cds AND DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN.
OMGOMLOLOLZZ!!!!111111 That struck me as really funny, sorry. :D

Everyone has cool avatars right now.

I'll never forget when NAD posted to a Vital Remains thread in the GMD forum, when he admitted to "not liking it at first, but now I want to make babies with it in the gay way". That ruled. In fact, that's one of the few posts ever worth reading in that shitty forum of teenage angst and newbie hell.

JayKeeley said:
In fact, that's one of the few posts ever worth reading in that shitty forum from teenage angst and newbie hell.
Also when I verbally beat people who say dumb things about black metal.

Black Winter Day said:
cradle of filth started black metal in 1994
you are gay and you like men and penises and you like putting men's penises in your mouth and also you're dumb, so is your mom, and she also likes men