Metalcore

Actually I don't necessarily have a problem with deathcore. When I first heard Despised Icon I was all "it's Hardcore mixed with Deathmetal, and it's good... deathcore, cool". When I started hearing the majority of bands that get labeled deathcore I was more like "it's recycled melodic deathmetal with shitty generic breakdowns sprinkled throughout it.... meh"

Yeah, I know...but I still like a good bit of it.

opinions on I Killed the Prom Queen?

pretty good i think, remind me of parkway drive.

They pretty much are a ripoff of Caliban, and not too much like PWD at all. Super generic, but also kind of fun to listen to.

I really like Genghis Tron, though I'm not sure I would really consider their music metalcore.

I guess every genre has different styles within it, but I've been noticing that a lot about metalcore..

On the one hand you have bands like Chimaira and Byzantine which are just really straight-forward heavy bands that use punk influenced vocals and grooves. They call themselves groove metal but now adays it seems like groove metal is a euphemism for metalcore.

Then you've got deathcore bands like Despised Icon which are extremely heavy but like the Byzantine-type bands they sprinkle their music with grooves.

And then you have bands like Atreyu which very much use a commercial, emo-esque kind of verse-chorus style and sprinkle their music with metal kitsch. I respect those bands for being able to marry pop styles with aspects of extreme metal, but I don't enjoy listening to them.

Anybody wanna throw some recs my way for the bands that are more like Despised Icon? To be honest I didn't even understand how they could be -core when I first heard them. But deathcore has become one of my favorite genres and the Chimaira-type metalcore bands are awesome too.

peace & love

I guess every genre has
Anybody wanna throw some recs my way for the bands that are more like Despised Icon? To be honest I didn't even understand how they could be -core when I first heard them. But deathcore has become one of my favorite genres and the Chimaira-type metalcore bands are awesome too.

peace & love

listen to beneath the massacre and vengeful