Metalcore

Sorry but they are. Listen to Genesis, there is nothing un-deathmetal about that album. Virtually no trace of their core past. You can even look at recent pictures of the band vs. past pics. They even dropped the scene look.

Gold: jfac arent a very good strate dm band, certainly not better than many other dm bands

No argument there.

If you don't want to bother listening to them just google 'job for a cowboy genesis review'. You will see the same fucking thing over and over again.

"The hyped JFACB make name for themselves through myspace as a hot new deathcore act, now turn to a straight forward deathmetal sound with genesis."

My opinion of Genesis is that it is neither terrible or great. It's a solid average, but I think it shows potential.

Another band that did pretty much the same thing as jfacb (becoming ex-core)is Misericordiam. Went from fairly standard deathcore to fairly solid deathgrind. I hope this becomes a trend.

JFAC simply bore me to tears...there's nothing that separates them from the rest of the metalcore/deathcore/whatever else you wanna call it scene, especially taking into consideration how much hype there is around the band.

1: Well lookee here, son! (points at 3, who is naked) Yon strapping feller's done lost his britches!
2: Looks to be a job for a cowboy, wouldn't you say?
1: That it does, that it does.
3: SADDLE UP... in my ass.
1 and 2: Yippeekayay!

That hawt little skit runs through my head every time someone mentions JFAC.

:guh:

I like a couple metalcore bands here or there, such as:

Between the Buried and Me
All that Remains
Job for a Cowboy (zomg buttawck lissens to a succy band lawlz!!11!)
Lamb of God

But that's really about it.

No it isn't, because all of those bands are barely even breaking the surface of what metalcore can do. Filter out my posts in this thread and GO FORTH AND DISCOVER!