Metalcore

Is BTBAM's new one worth getting? I've heard their first album and it's pretty awesome.

Most definitely. It's easily their most progressive to date, which is a big plus for someone like me. I'm a fanboy of their new stuff to an extent though, so you may want to gather a couple other opinions before getting it.

Most definitely. It's easily their most progressive to date, which is a big plus for someone like me. I'm a fanboy of their new stuff to an extent though, so you may want to gather a couple other opinions before getting it.

Yeah, I'm a BTBAM fanboy and I'd say it's their best to date. I mean, I still think certain songs off their other albums are better, but the album as a whole is very complete and definitely album of the year in my books. As you mentioned, the album is very progressive...lol they even have the bluegrass break in Ants Of the Sky and the polka break in Prequel To the Sequel, which is something I've never seen any other metal band do.

Yeah, I'm a BTBAM fanboy and I'd say it's their best to date. I mean, I still think certain songs off their other albums are better, but the album as a whole is very complete and definitely album of the year in my books. As you mentioned, the album is very progressive...lol they even have the bluegrass break in Ants Of the Sky and the polka break in Prequel To the Sequel, which is something I've never seen any other metal band do.

i hate that bluegrass part, it ruins the mood of the song for me.
and the first half of ants can really drag. if they fixed that song up it would be a 10/10 album for sure

i hate that bluegrass part, it ruins the mood of the song for me.
and the first half of ants can really drag. if they fixed that song up it would be a 10/10 album for sure

I don't love the bluegrasss part, but what makes the song for me is the piano break that leads into the Canon in D-ish solo. Prequel is the best song though imo, especially the vocal battle between Tommy and Aaron Wolffe from The End (great band also).

Oh yeah, I also wannna mention The Arcanum Order by At The Throne Of Judgment as one of my favourite metalcore albums of the year. It's their debut I believe, and I'd love to see what they're gonna do for their next album.

They're from Finland and are melo-death/metalcore.

Also they're completely average and Cipher System is a much better band in the same style.

This band isn't properly metalcore (they're more strait up hardcore), but since there is no hardcore thread I'll post this here.

Nothing new really, but I've totally been digging them.

BEHOLD

Their music is really stripped down and basic, but effective. I especially like the vocals.

You can download their demos off the myspace page or just get it here

The music is basically just hardcore, but they manage to pull off this really dark sound and atmosphere with the limited pallet they use. It's cool.

I don't love the bluegrasss part, but what makes the song for me is the piano break that leads into the Canon in D-ish solo. Prequel is the best song though imo, especially the vocal battle between Tommy and Aaron Wolffe from The End (great band also).

Oh yeah, I also wannna mention The Arcanum Order by At The Throne Of Judgment as one of my favourite metalcore albums of the year. It's their debut I believe, and I'd love to see what they're gonna do for their next album.

at the throne of judgement broke up though, very sad