Metalcore

I was amazed when I recently found out that Ion Dissonance is metalcore really and I always wondered why there is no info about them in MA. If they are metalcore then they are definitly more extreme than many metalcore bands.

They are more like technical hardcore/metalcore. They're very rarely "metal" aside from being pretty heavy and extreme (whatever that means, right?). But yeah, M-A is rather retarded when it comes to accepting core bands. They have some gay fucking shit on there, but won't add some of the more brutal underground metalcore bands.

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't accepted Parkway Drive or Raunchy. There's definitely a lot of "metal" thrown around in both bands.

Absolutely. Raunchy is more metal than a lot of metalcore bands; just cuz they can sometimes be poppy (uh, It Dies Today are on fucking M-A what the heck?) and their back catalog is pretty iffy...

at the throne of judgement broke up though, very sad

fuck :( that sucks, I didn't know that.

I was amazed when I recently found out that Ion Dissonance is metalcore really and I always wondered why there is no info about them in MA. If they are metalcore then they are definitly more extreme than many metalcore bands.

They're awesome (although their latest was average), but they're not the only band that play in that style. Definitely check out Psyopus if you like them, as well as Converge, Raptorkill!?, The Red Chord, Reflux, Lethargy, The Number Twelve Looks Like You (new album especially), Sikth, & The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza.

I was good friends with Joe Reuhlmann (James Reuhlmann's brother of ATTOJ). I honestly don't care much for the band, though.

Ion Dissonance were on MA before, but then they were deleted. Personally, I think they should be on MA, since they are a metal metalcore band, bordering on death metal. They are like a better, metal version of Dillenger Escape Plan. That's not to say that I'm a huge fan of theirs, though.

They are like a better, metal version of Dillenger Escape Plan. That's not to say that I'm a huge fan of theirs, though.

Agreed. DEP are not on MA either.:err: Btw, I hardly see something metalcore about Ion Dissonances' music, they don't match to common metalcore IMO.

Ion Dissonance were on MA before, but then they were deleted. Personally, I think they should be on MA, since they are a metal metalcore band, bordering on death metal. They are like a better, metal version of Dillenger Escape Plan. That's not to say that I'm a huge fan of theirs, though.

I dunno, you can't really compare them to DEP...DEP are closer to hardcore than metal (the early stuff at least) while Ion Dissonance are closer to metal than hardcore.