Metalcore

Yeah Mastodon have some core INFLUENCE, but I'd just consider them extreme progressive metal or something...I dunno, they've changed quite a bit recently anyway.

Also get back on topic or I will kill you all. Ohiogrinder, are you obsessed with wiggers secretly

MYPROOF is pretty good for "core" they are from japan and I like the female soft vocals, and their sound is alot different then most metalcore bands. Also, sweet to hear them scream in japanese, then the soft vocals come in JP also :)

Anyone that claims metalcore is totally shit needs to listen to the newest All Shall Perish... One of the best metal albums I've ever heard - real talk

To be honest I dont mind Avenged Sevenfold at all, I doubt its a suprise considering the music I do like. But yeh, im not gunna buy their stuff its just if I hear one of their songs in a pub im in or something ill be happy about it.

I liked their "City of Evil" release. But all their older stuff I don't really care for.

Metalcore is an odd genre cause some bands fall right on the border and shit. for some good bands close or in this genre i suggest
All Shall Perish
Animosity
As Blood Runs Black
Heaven Shall Burn
Misericordiam (kindof)