Metalcore

I heard a new song off the new Between the Buried and Me album. Progressive as fuck. I may just buy it.

I've been getting into metalcore lately so, for those of you on this board that actually like metalcore, reccomend me underground bands to check out. I searched through this thread and have yet to find a substantial list (other than a few recommendations from V5) that's devoid of crap I don't like (aka bands like Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Shadows Fall, Bullet For My Valentine, etc. Should be obvious what I'm NOT looking for).

Bands I dig:

Starkweather
Maroon
Overcast
Heaven Shall Burn
The Red Chord
Deadguy
Unearth
Between The Buried And Me

...since the idiots above me hid my post by thinking their opinions matter.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about Alter and zoidberg who never have anything constructive to say.

I do not know... I just do not know. We all wish they did or at least some of them did. thrash ftw :kickass:

You say that while 4/6 albums in your sig fall into either the metalcore or deathcore category. It might even be 5, as I'm unable to figure out what the red album is.

Perhaps he likes the thrash influence as well as the metalcore sound, but wishes they'd revert to "pure thrash." Lots of metalcore bands aren't thrashy at all, though.

Im getting really sick of Metalcore and Hardcore, in an effort to sound different all of these bands have suceeded in playing the same overproduced, terribly written, redundant and generic music. There is no need to bitch about metalcore much though, it will fall by the wayside soon. Plus the whole breakdown thing pisses me off.

You say that while 4/6 albums in your sig fall into either the metalcore or deathcore category. It might even be 5, as I'm unable to figure out what the red album is.

Is it possible he likes thrash and metalcore?

I've been getting into metalcore lately so, for those of you on this board that actually like metalcore, reccomend me underground bands to check out. I searched through this thread and have yet to find a substantial list (other than a few recommendations from V5) that's devoid of crap I don't like (aka bands like Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Shadows Fall, Bullet For My Valentine, etc. Should be obvious what I'm NOT looking for).

Bands I dig:

Starkweather
Maroon
Overcast
Heaven Shall Burn
The Red Chord
Deadguy
Unearth
Between The Buried And Me

Despised Icon
Converge
Botch