Metalcore

i like some metalcore, i really do, but so much of metalcore is just taking a bunch of clips from songs and basically randomly placing them and you dont hear the same clip twice, there is no pattern. Other times the vox, guitars, bass, and drums are randomly put together and have no rythm. A lot of metalcore fucking sucks, while some can be good. The metalcore that sucks is what gives metalcore a bad name. You can generally know these bands by having a completely retarded name and song titles that are random and have nothing to do with the lyrics like fallout boy does i think.

BTBAM's new one is pretty cool.

On the subject of techcore (made that up) a fav of mine is PsyOpus. I'm probably the only fan of that crazy ass band on here.
If you like BTBAM, you should look int o Glass Casket. They share a guitarist and the drummer of BTBAM, and are a very tight, technical and heavy group that takes a much for straight-forward approach to the style as opposed to the proggy and open-ended one that BTBAM does.

I was into metalcore like 1 year ago, and now I don´t get how I could like it that much, I think its a genre that you get bored by in a month or so since everything sounds pretty much the same, because now it´s so boring I can´t stand it anymore, with these annoying break downs that doesn´t serve any good.. well thats my opinion about metalcore =)

ive always liked shadowsfall...they put on a great live show, they rock with lots of energy.

KSE is horrible to me, as is lamb of god.

thats all i can think of about metalcore, it has a few likable groups.

I think Shadows Fall are held back due to the shitty vocalist, although the song Thoughts without Words is great.

Unearth could be great if they stopped using those generic talking parts (see 3:00 in The Great Dividers) and using generic hardcore breakdowns all the time.

Lamb of God are just terrible with some of the worst vocals on the face of the earth.

Killswitch are alright, although i love the song 'My Last Serenade'

As i Lay Dying's new record isn't that bad either, quite thrashy although i don't like the terrible vocals.

Between the Buried and Me have always been decent, although their new record is pretty good.

Darkest Hour are my favourite metalcore band, although i don't see them exclusively as a metalcore band.