Metalcore

Everything Converge have done is pretty much awesome, my generic opinion is that Jane Doe is their awesomest, followed by You Fail Me and then No Heroes. But seiously, When Forever Comes Crashing isn't as good as those three and its still better than 99% of heavy music.

An album that sounds basically like the fall of ideals,
trivium- ascendencey

not sure the genre but good cd

honestly guys i listened to all of the videos and links posted here for me... it's pretty bad... i don't see the appeal at all :erk:

I listened to Trillseeker when it came out, but I wasn't digging it. I recently got a hold of Messengers though, and I really love it for some reason.

Yeah I definitely like Messengers better than Thrillseeker, although with ABR I always ignore the lyrics lol, which I usually don't do with any band...but I guess they're an exception.

Btw, anyone like The Fall of Troy? I really consider them post-hardcore, but most people like to call them metalcore.

Btw, anyone like The Fall of Troy? I really consider them post-hardcore, but most people like to call them metalcore.

I really like Fall of Troy, and I agree with you on the genre class, I always thought of them as post hardcore. I think people tag them as metalcore sometimes because they happen to be kinda technical and mathy in their approach to the material, but they don't really sound like metal at all.

I noticed people were talking about Fall Of Troy, they really are not bad at all!

Does the metalcore tag only refer to what bands like Maroon? What about real hardcore punk/ska bands like Leftover Crack that mix metal into there music? Or old school stuff like S.O.D?

Srsly.

Yeah, they just started so the production should improve but I told my friend to cut down on some of the breakdowns (since there's like three or four).