metallica - frantic

The Omnipotent Bob

International Hearthrob
Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
you can DL a 2min clip of metallica's new song frantic played on the Icon show from blabbermouth. the sound quality kinda sucks, as expected.

anyways, if this is what the hype is all about, well shit.....Dirt was right - IT'S GONNA SUCK! sounds very nu metalish. the korn and godsmack crowd will eat it up.

I saw the performance last night and it is "nu-metal". And btw , Avril should go back to canada and tear out her vocal cords, cause SHE SUCKS AND SO DOES HER BAND. Whoever picked them to do any song from metallica was on crack. God that was hard to watch, that and
pukeface.gif
snoop dog

I heard the frantic clip as well, had a friend send it to me... and i must say that it sounds very slipknot ish....
i cant quite place it but i would almost bet money its only a few notes different then this old static X tune also....

not that thats a big suprize half the new metal is comprized of similar riffs anyway...

all i gotta say was lars drumming sounds laughable... you can tell parts where his drumming is totaly inconsistant he doesnt have enough power and tapers off... pritty sad blast beat if you can call it that.... lars obveously never heard a nile record...

cus if he did he should just paint the wall with his brains.

NecromancerAlpha said:
all i gotta say was lars drumming sounds laughable... you can tell parts where his drumming is totaly inconsistant he doesnt have enough power and tapers off... pritty sad blast beat if you can call it that.... lars obveously never heard a nile record...

Oh hell yeah , seems like he's getting worse with the drums. Did you see how bad he lost time towards the end? James and Lars were totally off thanks to Lars inconsistant drum beat.

NecromancerAlpha said:
lars obveously never heard a nile record...

How about the drummer from Hate Eternal , Lars would probably consider putting the sticks down :D

I guess we have to realize that Lars hasn't drummed anything that spectacular since 1989. He's a great ROCK drummer now :Spin: <sarcasm>

The Opening Music Surprised Me..i Thought It Might Be A Return..then I Heard James Sing.....

Same Old Gay "hey Hey Hey" Voice.

Where The Fuck Is The Screaming And Anger From The First Four???

it Fucking Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I did watch alittle of that MTV Icon & caught Metallica at the end.........
until I hear the song on the album, I'll refrain from judging it, but lets just say I was not in awe................

Well, imho, I am looking forward to hearing the rest. ROB rocked. He has sooo much energy. That's what I remember from Suicidal. What a plus to the band. I just can't get used to hearing other bands do Metallica originals. All of it was hard to listen to. And whoever put a mic in Snoops hand should be shot! Should stick to rappin on his side of the hood. Can't wait for the release!

Well, imho, I am looking forward to hearing the rest

IT'S GONNA SUCK!!!

WHY DO WE "THINK" THEY WILL BE GOOD ANYMORE. THEY HAVE PROVED OVER THE LAST 10-12 YEARS THAT THEY WILL NOT RETURN TO METAL GLORY..AND AS LONG AS BOB COCK PRODUCES..JAMES WILL KEEP SINGING LIKE A FAGGOTT!!!

HE CANNOT SING MELODY...STICK TO THE SCREAMING AND ANGER VOICE!!!!!!

IT WILL SUCK! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!!

I'll be the judge of that Dirt. I will admit that I didn't like the country twang of late, but I will still spend my $$$$ on the bands that I truly cherish!

You and I both know that there are a lot of closet listners out there that just won't come out. :)

You and I both know that there are a lot of closet listners out there that just won't come out.

:tickled: SHIT..I BOUGHT BLACK/LOAD/RE-LOAD...BUT I NEVER LISTEN TO THEM..EVER!

AND IF I GET A BUG TO SAY "IT CAN'T BE THAT BAD"..I PUT IT ON FOR TWO SEOCNDS..AND THEN RUN FOR AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!!!

I liked the performance. I liked "Frantic." I didn't think it sounded any more nu-metal than the stuff off Overkill's Necroshine and Underground. I think James sings well. I think St. Anger will make up for the steaming pile of waste that was Load and the slightly smaller, slightly less steamy pile of waste that was ReLoad.

That's all.

frantic sounds nothing like anything off any overkill albums. and for that matter nothing overkill has done sounds or resembles in any way nu metal :puke:

estigma2001 said:
all, if you listens the beggining sounds like demonic
And Demonic's intro is nu-metal? :rolleyes:

Well, I certainly don't hear any nu-metal influences on Frantic, but 1:50 or 2 minutes isn't enough to judge a song. I won't buy it anyway, there are lots of bands that deserve my attention more than Met.

The Omnipotent Bob said:
frantic sounds nothing like anything off any overkill albums. and for that matter nothing overkill has done sounds or resembles in any way nu metal :puke:

I was wondering about that post too....

Nu-metal and Overkill should never be mentioned in the same sentence...

Unless of course that sentence happens to be..

Nu metal couldn't resemble Overkill on it's best day!!!