Metallica

I give RtL a slight edge too, but Leper Messiah sure ain't the reason. I'll agree that TTTSNB slows it down a little.
Seeing Metallica open for Ozzy on the Master tour was one of my best concert moments. Being as Kentucky isn't exactly at the cutting edge of...well, anything, Metallica left a lot of the crowd scratching its head back then. Phenomenal show though. One of my college roommates saw them on the RtL tour with Armored Saint, WASP and Raven. Fuck that would have ruled. Armored Saint>you.

hmm tough call.... every time I play Diablo II in the first world, the music makes me think of Call of Kthulu, but Orion has its own charm.

Orion is still one of my favorite instrumentals of all time, and this is coming from someone who has absorbed massive amounts of predominantly instrumental music of numerous genres and has soured on Metallica to the point that even the undisputed classics rarely move me anymore.

Which instrumental do you folks prefer? Call of Cthulu or Orion?

The Call of Ktulu as it just might be the very best Metallica song ever. Also works great as a soundtrack to death-defying autodefenestration stunts.

/Hell Mike

I even like the black album. Sometimes.

I hated Justice for years. No longer.

Ride The Lightning has always been my favourite.

WTF!

METALLICA played the first of two acoustic performances last night (Saturday, October 27) at the 21st annual Bridge School Benefit at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California. The group's setlist was as follows:

01. I Just Want To Celebrate (RARE EARTH)
02. Please Don't Judas Me (NAZARETH)
03. Only Happy When It Rains (GARBAGE)
04. Brothers In Arms (DIRE STRAITS)
05. Disposable Hereos
06. All Within My Hands
07. Turn The Page
08. Nothing Else Matters

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm ... the version you found doesn't sound like the one i had ...
actually this doesn't sound like Gojira

At this point, Metallica could release a disc on par with Ride the Lightning, and I'm not sure it would matter. For starters, it's been 20 years since their last great disc. So a return to form, even in terms of quality, seems highly unlikely. But more importantly, the direction they've taken and the band's attitude has left dusc a bad taste in my mouth, that I just don't think I could ever enjoy listening to them.

Zod

At this point, Metallica could release a disc on par with Ride the Lightning, and I'm not sure it would matter. For starters, it's been 20 years since their last great disc. So a return to form, even in terms of quality, seems highly unlikely. But more importantly, the direction they've taken and the band's attitude has left dusc a bad taste in my mouth, that I just don't think I could ever enjoy listening to them.

Zod

My name is Arse Magma and I approve this statement.

yeah, there is something artificial about this recording session. Rubin is a great Producer, but when someone has to "pull" something out of you creatively its never a good sign.