Michael Romeo, food references

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallen2289

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2006
Southern California
Michael Romeo writes a majority of the lyrics for Symphony X, and I noticed there are many food references in his lyrics. I will name a few examples, and you can add more later.

The Odyssey: "Search all the grounds, find food and water..."

The Divine Wings of Tragedy: "The seven deadly sins consume you all..." (Gluttony) "I taste the victory..."

Sea of Lies: " The knife of time carves another line around these eyes..."

Smoke and Mirrors: "They reap the harvest..."

Those are just a few examples, but he uses food symbolism a lot in his writing.

What the hell are you talking about, besides the odyssey and smoke and mirrors lyrics, non of the other lyrics you mentioned have anything to do with food, nor are they food symbolisms..

ok hotshot, Divine Wings, and Sea of lies has everything to do with food. Can you not read?

Sea of Lies: "The knife of time carves another line around these eyes..."
Here, he is talking about knives, as used in food, carving, as in possibly pumpkins or turkey, and a line, like waiting in a line at the grocery store.

Divine Wings:" Seven deadly sins consume you all..." "I taste victory.."
One of the seven deadly sins is gluttony. He also uses uses the word consume. He says, taste, which reminds me of food.

wow, I suppose you look at a yellow car and automatically think of a twinkie..

If you paid attention in english class you would know that there nothing more than well used metaphors and simile..

NO, they're serious references to food...i mean, come on, "Evil lies that mesmerize, from the dragons' tongue they slide," that dragon was totally eating lies in food-form. Or, even Orion the Hunter lyrics..."the hunter?" hunters hunt for food, guys!!! FOOD!!!

one other thing i found out: Symphony X has the word "symphony" in it...i've actually SEEN the local symphony, with my own eyes! ME!!! AND, the letters "m" and "y" are in the word "symphony"...the SAME letters are in my first name! Symphony X is ALL about me!

*please note: sarcasm

1by4by9 said:
The Bird-Serpent stew, it is quite obvious. :D

I've thought for a long time that it's all about a bad caffeine trip.
Think back to Jefferson Airplane (GO ASK ALICE)
and Romeo's lyrics (RUN ALICE RUN).
MJR has casually mentioned about this coffee thing he has going on.
What a message to be sending to our children. This is some serious shit to consider.
:headbang:

If this is an oblique way of picking on MJR, it's not appreciated.

Besides, half of what SymX writes about makes reference to other myths and stories. Blame the authors of those stories.

Don't go there, turke.

Remember, folks, don't say anything here that you wouldn't say to the band themselves..show some respect. Thanks :)

DRAGGING ME INTO A SEAS OF PIEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

SAVE US FROM THIS MASQUERADE OF PIES!!!!!

FIVE SHALL BE AS ONE!!!!! PIES!!!! (its kinda low in the mix, but its there!)

Geez, go take a nap or something... A tad cranky to be hangin' around these here parts. It was an innocent comment, and if you made a thread about it then it means you want other peoples added info on it, otherwise you should just make the thread and then close it so nobody can post any comments. And I really can't see why my comment offended you..

raythetse said:
DRAGGING ME INTO A SEAS OF PIEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

SAVE US FROM THIS MASQUERADE OF PIES!!!!!

FIVE SHALL BE AS ONE!!!!! PIES!!!! (its kinda low in the mix, but its there!)

You sir, are a genious. You're also a n00b, which says alot about your personality. Alot of good things also.

Status
Not open for further replies.