Mikael Akerfeldt Rarities (for a limited time)

Heliologue

neologist
Jul 1, 2001
heliologue.com
i have no idea how long i can get away with it (hopefully a while), but for the time being, you can find all three Steel songs and the 1 available Sorskogen song here

The Sorskogen is still not working....

"It doesn't matter if you're black or white, 'cause me and boys are gonna rock all night!"...never thought I'd hear Swano say something like that, but me likes! Well, Steel is better than most of the bands they are paying tribute to! Except Grim Reaper ("See you in hell my friend"), my favorite of that eighties NWOBHM stuff.

Funny stuff? Hm. I could use a good laugh.

((((downloading))))

While I wait, don't mind if I bash this song on my co-workers radio, do you? "...Let the bodies hit the floor! (4x) ONE! Something's gotta give. TWO! Something's gotta give. THREE!..." Wow, this man is a lyrical GENIUS! Those that can't...SHOULD NOT! :p Actually, I'm bet it gets pretty crazy in the pit when they start screaming that! :lol: I compare Opeth's lyrics to all bands now it seems. I think we've been over this. Bad lyrics are bad business. Catchy! But in the long run...oh, nevermind.

((((downloads complete)))) OK. Let's see what we've got here.

Oh cool! Heavy Metal Machine! :hotjump: The cars going by. :lol: vvvVVVEROOoom! That line Sadistik mentioned from Rock Tonite is pretty catchy! It's all good. I like HMM more. Say Goodbye. :err: :tickled: :lol: Wow! Ouch! Good for you Swano. Damn, man. :lol: :D

Any Swedes here willing and able to figure out the lyrics he's singing in Mordet I grottan??? All I can pick out is the title of the song, and something that sounds like "veetahrhen". But that spelling looks more finnish to me......

Anyone?

Here are the lyrics exactly as Protocol has translated and posted them somewhere in July (August???)

SÖRSKOGEN- Mordet i grottan

En sommar en gång _____One summer one time
Värmen sveper igenom _____The warmth sweeps through (?)
Vi ler skrattande _____We smile laughing
Men ett lömskt lugn infinner sig _____But an insidious darkness appears

Någonstans i skogen _____Somewhere in the forest
Grottan där vi lekte som barn _____The cave where we played as kids
En sargad kropp, I evig sömn _____A torn body, in eternal sleep
Berövad livets gryning _____Deprived of life's dawn
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Kasta mörker över vår idyll _____Cast darkness upon our idyll
Ett ljus som lyser ömt _____A light that shines tenderly
Ta oss mot bättre dagar _____Take us to better days
Hans själ vandrar vidare _____His soul wanders on

Vi går sakta tillbaka _____We walk back slowly
Stigen leder oss hem _____The path lead us home
Dagen har lidit mot sitt slut _____The day has come to its end
Vi försöker glömma... _____We try to forget...

Mordet i grottan _____The murder in the cave

(sigh) it appears my bitch server has problems uploading anything bigger than 4 megs or so.... it times out, which means i can't get "mordet i grottan" going..... yet.

Thanks a lot Melancholia/Protocol! Very cool indeed.....Simplistic lyrics, but very dark and vivid. Kinda scary!

And it seems the word I was hearing was actually "vidare":rolleyes: :lol:

thank you Melancholia, i had tried decifering the lyrics
a while back ago and gave up trying :loco:
some native speakers had
trouble with it too,
thanks