Mikael on the new album

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
"The music is going to be divine, the best ever. It's going to be the record(s) that if somebody gives us bad reviews for it their lives are in danger."

"The mellow album is going to be not only acoustic, probably a few acoustic numbers, but we're also gonna experiment a lot with this one. I want it to be fucking freaked out, psychadelic..I don't know...maybe use some new instruments....I'd like more piano on this one. We're gonna be taking a "risk" with this one, while the heavy album will probably be what people regard as the real one..."

Hmm... not sure what to make of it.

well, it sounds good

But im a bit worried about the references to 'they' and 'somebody' and 'people'. The last thing i want is for Opeth to start doing something because of the fans, whether its trying to be liked more, or to prove themselves or anything. The best music comes from the heart and i hope that these comments refering to what the fans will think are after-thoughts, and have simply become a nescesity to comment on with the fan base they now have.

I wouldn't mind if it was 8 songs exactly like Epilogue.

-Hondo

I make this promise right now, I will not download the album if leaked and wait till the day it comes out to hear it. But man will that be hard to do.

I tried to do that with the new DT and I failed. I had trouble enough with that. But the next Opeth release.. someone is going to have to just disconnect my internet for the last 3 months of waiting, or cut off my hands so I can't operate anything and then reattach them on release day.

If I manage not to download anything, it will still take willpower not to spend days repeatedly listening to the CDNow clips.

-Hondo

I tried doing that with Blackwater Park, but that sample of Dapery was just tooooooo damn good. I couldn't control myself at all.

To those of you who are going to try to force yourself to not DL the album before it comes out: Is there some....POINT to that? I mean........why? I dunno.....seems stupid to me, you can hear it sooner or later and you're choosing later?? Obviously you're gonna buy the cd when it comes out anyways so.....? You fools! :)

This new double cd thing reminds me of when Edge of Sanity released "Until Eternity Ends" but were nervous the fans would think they were "selling out" so they put a sticker on the cd that said "Our next album will be heavier, this is just an experiement!" or something similar. This is what Opeth is doing with the "light" cd, they want to put out a "normal" cd with it so everyone is happy. I predict the light cd will be better than the heavier one, any takers?

Some violins and such would be nice.

Although I'm just partial to violins and such period. They may not be really Opethian.

Cellos kick ass anyway.

Originally posted by Jayde
Some violins and such would be nice.

Although I'm just partial to violins and such period. They may not be really Opethian.

Cellos kick ass anyway.

A Fellow Apocalyptica fan maybe?;)