Mikael on the new album

The coolest collabortation would be OPETH and KRONOS QUARTET....with Kronos playing stuff similar to the score from Requiem for a Dream and OPETH just doing what they do best....kick ass!

well... let me ask you one thing: when Opeth were just an unknown band playing raw death metal in a cellar in Sweden, and they decided to insert proggish things in their music, weren't they experimenting already? and when Mikael started singing clean, wasn't it an experiment? I say that experimentation brought us that incredible sonic creature that is Opeth, so... what's your point? They have recorded five masterpieces on a row... and I believe they are able to write another two!!!!

on another note, I think the mellow album should be regarded as the sixth, so if it comes out to be a bad disc, we can always say that with the seventh (the heavy one) they have come back to the roots!!!

Kronos quartet is very nice and so is Requiem for a Dream, even though watching it feels like being repeatedly hit in the face with a brick.

Strings are good as long as they have a bit of temperament like Kronos or the Noir soundtrack. I will be boycotting any cd with cheezy synth-strings a la crapholawood movie endings.

Is there a release date yet? Has it even been recorded?

Originally posted by Protocol
Kronos quartet is very nice and so is Requiem for a Dream, even though watching it feels like being repeatedly hit in the face with a brick.

Strings are good as long as they have a bit of temperament like Kronos or the Noir soundtrack. I will be boycotting any cd with cheezy synth-strings a la crapholawood movie endings.

Is there a release date yet? Has it even been recorded?

Noir soundtrack?

I have that, but I killed it. Very good though.