Mikaels interview kind of inspiret me to ask. Who's christian?

...and perform ancient religious rituals such as circumcision well before the child has had the chance to develop and form his own opinion of the world?

I agree, but you forgot baptism. When a parent chooses to baptise/circumscise a child, the parent makes a choice that should rightfully be made by the child itself at a reasonable age, namely which religious group if any it wants to belong to.

Religion > Religious people
Religious people > War
THEN
Religion > Religious people > War
THEN
Religion > War

> means "brought".

Perhaps Religious people brought religion. Damn, who came first!? Seriously, you can see it that way, that it's possible that these wars were done on the name of religion, and that if religion hadn't existed, then it would have been under the name of something else. It's hard to know.
so you mean, religion brings people, and SOME people bring wars thus religion brings war. ok.
if this is a logic reasoning so it can be implied on everything Mr Vincent?
so
Metal music > People
(Some) people > Stupidity
Metal>People>stupidity
Metal> stupidity
(Maybe i couldn't give a good example but well.. i guess you got what I mean :rofl: )
Listen mate, religion has been used by bringers of wars to justify their deeds that contradict religion itself, nothing more nothing less. You doubt it? go and read the Bible, Qur'an or Torah and you will find that they talk about peace and tolerance yet people just don't follow it. God damn it ... this subjects starts to piss me off, so much misconception, so much misunderstanding, so much dogma, so much posts.
What if anyone takes religion as a personal thing and stfu and learn to do their homework if they are curious about anything before they criticize.

I am Catholic, but I am not predominately religious. I believe in God and Christ, but can't remember the last time I went to church on a Sunday lol

I hope all you dolts saying to read the bible, realize that there's plenty of scripture verses (both in the old testament and the new testament) where god wants to smite people etc etc etc. its been a long time since I've actually read it but, go read it and see for yourselves. fuckin dolts.

so you mean, religion brings people, and SOME people bring wars thus religion brings war. ok.
if this is a logic reasoning so it can be implied on everything Mr Vincent?
so
Metal music > People
(Some) people > Stupidity
Metal>People>stupidity
Metal> stupidity

What if anyone takes religion as a personal thing and stfu and learn to do their homework if they are curious about anything before they criticize.

Well I corrected myself on the second paragraph, that you probably didn't read. Mostly the last sentence. Sad to see you mad about religion. I just wonder how come some poeple are able to use religion to justify their lust of power if everyone knows that these religion seek peace. I mean, all the religious people who accept that... these wars. Did they all forget to "do their homeworks" and just pretend being religious? I don't like religion because it has been made from the very beginning by humans (wondering what was their place in the universe) and those same humans are using it for war and power over others. And I must again correct myself (guess I was tired yesterday); religion didn't bring war, Men brought war with the use of religion. Therefore, we could consider religion as a weapon to control others. But it has the same effect as a society, but maybe stronger. I agree that on a personnal view, religion may seem totally respectable. Everyone can believe in anything they want, there's no normality in beliefs. On a social plan I don't know; is religion responsible for anything, how could we know? It's present everywhere.

Now calm down brother I didn't mean to offend you.

Well I corrected myself on the second paragraph, that you probably didn't read. Mostly the last sentence. Sad to see you mad about religion. I just wonder how come some poeple are able to use religion to justify their lust of power if everyone knows that these religion seek peace. I mean, all the religious people who accept that... these wars. Did they all forget to "do their homeworks" and just pretend being religious?
Well.. the problem is that they are not using only religion to justify such things. But they are taking advanteges or the ignorance of people about both, their own religion (which is a weadspread thing here) and other people's religion. which makes things easier for them to have some supporters following blindly.

I know some guys who claimed they are Muslims, but they didn't know almost anything about Qur'an, and they were really agressive with others, steal, and do a lot of unaccepted things by the society. and when they got into religion, they kept doing the same things, but they find Islam as an excuse to hit people saying :" it says fight in the name of God" wtf does this mean? Go kick somebody's ass in the name of God simply coz they disagree with you? Plus, the so called "Struggle in the name of God" is SO mis-interpreted. It doesn't give you a free pass to do whatever you want. I can play metal in country that bans it, but in the name of God too. Geeze.
I don't like religion because it has been made from the very beginning by humans (wondering what was their place in the universe) and those same humans are using it for war and power over others. And I must again correct myself (guess I was tired yesterday); religion didn't bring war, Men brought war with the use of religion. Therefore, we could consider religion as a weapon to control others. But it has the same effect as a society, but maybe stronger. I agree that on a personnal view, religion may seem totally respectable.
well.. that's your OWN opinion, and i'm totally tolerante with it. I don't have any problem with anyone who has such point of view, coz we are simply looking at religion from a different perspective. But, when people start insulting and harming religious people coz they don't share the same opinion about it is racist statment; just like the religious people who harm those who have different religious views.
Everyone can believe in anything they want, there's no normality in beliefs. On a social plan I don't know; is religion responsible for anything, how could we know? It's present everywhere.
Well.. i don't know what Christianity or Judaism or any other religion says about how society should work.
But in Islam, it has what i would call External and Internal rules. I mean, Internal rules are the ones that should be applied within the realm of a Muslim society, the economy, how to divide wealth ect etct and it worked really well from its early centuries until some people started working on their own agenda.
External rules, are used with outsiders, non muslim societies. which is simply tolerance, respecting their religion, culture ect. Do not hurt them unless they start first, and if you u defend yourself, don't hurt non-worriors in a battle field.
That's what I know. And you can check it out yourself si vous etes interesé.
Now calm down brother I didn't mean to offend you.
I am mate, but i just wanted to clarify some stuff and i hope i did.

I agree, but you forgot baptism. When a parent chooses to baptise/circumscise a child, the parent makes a choice that should rightfully be made by the child itself at a reasonable age, namely which religious group if any it wants to belong to.

well yeah, circumcision was an example, you are right that there are many other things forced on children before they are old enough to make their own choices/decisions

And Bush with his ``democracy`` didnt want to spread ideology through wars?These days they are the one who is spreading ideology and not communists;)

Absolutely Bush wanted to spread his ideology through wars, and that's just as wrong as Stalin wanting to spread his ideology through wars. Yet Stalin was an atheist. Thus, it is not religion that is the basis of all wars. I am a Christian but absolutely against Bush's warmongering. So none of us should be so simplistic as to say that any particular thing is the cause of all wars. And to reject Christianity just because some who claimed to be Christians have used their ideology to advance evil causes is just as illogical as to reject atheism because some who claimed to be atheists have used their ideology to advance evil causes.

i dont understand one thing about my religion though:: why does nothing magical ever happen anymore?? like why did jesus never come back for us??? i guess this is a good place to ask because i go to a catholic school

Yeah technically wouldn't the upcoming resurrection be the third coming of Christ on not the second?

Oh well it's all bullshit anyways.