Mike back in in Bloodbath!?

RTC has the best growls ever recorded imo so it would be fucking fantastic if mike really is back, and it would be a dream to se them live with him at the mic.

Hey punk! :)
Virus is far from boring.

For sure, RTC's vocal style and production are the best vocals I've ever heard. And although Peter is good (and hypocrisy are awesome), Mike suits Bloodbath way better (take THAT tumn)

since he "lost" his growl after moontower, dan has been growling again, first for C2, then for bloodbath @ wacken (and maybe backing growls on eaten on NMF?), threshold, winds...

still like his old growl better though

For sure, RTC's vocal style and production are the best vocals I've ever heard. And although Peter is good (and hypocrisy are awesome), Mike suits Bloodbath way better (take THAT tumn)

unfortunately, you lose. as much of an opeth/mike fanboy as i am, peter suits bloodbath much better

I just checked my Crimson II booklet and here's what it said:

Rythm and lead guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, growling and clean vocals performed by Dan Swanö.

Special Guests:
Roger Johansson - Lead Growling Vocals
Jonas Granvik - Backing Growling Vocals
Mike Wead - Lead Guitar
Simon Johansson - Lead Guitar

I have both Crimsons and Moontower and to me the growling voice comes out mostly from Dan himself.

Dan did the grunts, which was most of the album, but there was definately a voice or two on Crimson II that was not his.

Mike did a good job on RTC with a really powerful delivery(as usual), but Tagtgren just destroyed. NMF is one of the few really great modern DM records, a big step forward for the band, they proved that you don't have to go all retro to make a great DM album.

erm... actually... according to metal archives

Guest Musicians:
Roger Johansson - Lead Growling Vocals
Jonas Granvik - Backing Growling Vocals
Mike Wead - Lead Guitar
Simon Johansson - Lead Guitar

I don't really care who did what. That wasn't the point of my post genius. If someone wants to look up very accurate information about metal in general, wikipedia is not the answer.

I don't really care who did what. That wasn't the point of my post genius. If someone wants to look up very accurate information about metal in general, wikipedia is not the answer.

Why not? The amount of people who go on Wikipedia is going to be a lot larger than the amount going to Metal Archives so it's going to have a larger chance of being correct. It just so happened that the truth to this piece of knowledge was limited to a few people.

Also: Notice how I can respond without resorting to calling people names. I mean for fucks sake you saw one post made by me and just jumped out guns blazing and decided you'd try and make a mockery of me. Now I'm not particularly affected by you calling me 'nub' (whatever that is), I just think it's completely shit of you, as a human being, to try and put me down at the slightest opportunity.

This was Dan's press release on the old EOS website:

"The vocals have been recorded now and there's been some changes. Rogga is still here, Granvik too (doing some backing vocals only) Peter Tägtgren won't be there though, because Rogga surprised both himself and me by pulling off some really amazing "Åkerfeldt meets Dissection Jon" style high pitch vocals, and that was the kind of style I wanted him to do...the main change of course is the fact that I'M GROWLING!!!
Oh yes. and you all go.....BUT YOU SAID......Yes, I know what I said and I really tried to growl a few weeks before recording the backing tracks, and It sounded awful, awful, awful....so how did this happen??? I really don't know...but I guess it's psychological.
When we were recording the vocals, I was bossing Rog and Gran around going "No, out of timing, sound more like me, etc etc." and after a while (and some beers in the system...) I just went up to the microphone and growled my heart out and it sounded good, REALLY GOOD!!! Everything just came back, and it was all there..the power, the rasp (The lungs were not though...) but anyway…so I ended up doing pretty much 50% of the vocals (Including the clean stuff) and there are some dual vocal parts between me and Rog, me and Gran as well...."

I agree with everyone that says Peter suits Bloodbath better than Mikael does, although I wouldn't mind if Mikael did another album with them again anyway...who knows, maybe he'll suprise us lol. I kind of still like RTC better than NMF though...I'd definitely say NMF is more complex, but I just find RTC really entertaining for some reason.

haha wait till we find out that mikael will be doing both vocals AND and guitar on an upcoming BB album :O:O
(even though that will probably never happen)

at which point you recommended a seemingly, iyo, "superior" reference, but you were proved dead wrong, "genius". and as far as "very accurate" information is concerned, the INTERNET is not the answer. re-fucking-tard.

I seriously can not believe how many here says that Peter suits BB better than mike. WTF?! :zombie: I have the exact opposite opinion, Peter fits Hypocrisy better and Mikes growl is like made for BB, as evil and dark as it gets.
I thought that the majority of the Opeth-fans would preffer mikes growl over anyone elses, but i guess im wrong. Or is it some kind of jealosy and psyhological defencemechanism? Are you afraid that mike will give Opeth less time if he joins Bloodbath again? I find this very strange. :loco: