Mike's Vocals

He is an extremely talented growler, however he has IMO gone too far on GR. It sounds like Bloodbath growls not melodic death-metal growls. I know some disagree but it is one of the only things i dont like about gr.

Jonas has such a shit range as a singer but his voice is perfectly pretty and depressed enough, i really like it. His growls are completely crappy and useless for sure.

He's one of the only growlers I can tolerate. I like the fact that you can actually make out what he's saying. Don't like high pitched raspy growling much either, so it's good that he has a deeper growl. I'm curious as to what the new album's vocals will be like since he said theyre not as long and drawn out, more rapid fire. Hopefully not too rapid fire, that would sound horrible.

Johann Hegg from Amon Amarth is the greatest death metal singer IMO. Especially, since his growling is quite intelligible. Christian Alvestam is also high on my list because he can sing ANYTHING!

Forgot totally about Älvestam. He has some mighty growls,and his clean voice can compete with anything too.

Im sad panda now... How can you diss Lord Seth? His growls were fucking great and his clean vocals fucking pwn ass. He's not the best vocalist tech-wise but his tone is fucking great. But Mikael is way better in every way.

Im sad panda now... How can you diss Lord Seth? His growls were fucking great and his clean vocals fucking pwn ass. He's not the best vocalist tech-wise but his tone is fucking great. But Mikael is way better in every way.

I like his clean vox allright, but they do kind of remind me of winnie the pooh for some reason.

yup

Jonas Renkse is my favourite vocalist, no less. Seems almost weird to like Åkerfeldt, but not Renkse. Their clean vocals are pretty alike.

It was hard for me to get into Jonas's harsh vocals too. I wouldn't consider them growls as so much throaty screams. But I came to really like it, it sounds so desperate and bleak.