Milano

Davros666

Apr 11, 2006
Probably been discussed a million times before, but I probably missed it.

Why does Milano hate benante so much? Just been on the Milano board and he's slagging benante for the Jaws thing. Why so much hate and resentment?

I hang there from time to time and I tried to ask him why he just won´t give up on the bitching but I never got any real answer. But from what I know he thinks Scott and Charlie act like rock stars.

I too venture over to the milano board quite often. From what i can tell it has to do with the S.O.D reunion (bigger than the devil and subsiquent tour). At the time when scott/charlie approached him about the reunion, Anthrax wernt doing alot so a S.O.D album looked pretty good for a bit of extra cash. Billy dropped everything he was doing and gave the reunion 100%. After a couple of shows, so the story goes, charlie started bitching and wanted to end the tour or something. Billy basically felt used - he droped everything for the tour to help them out, but they didnt repay that gesture in a way he would have liked... pretty sure thats it

I too venture over to the milano board quite often. From what i can tell it has to do with the S.O.D reunion (bigger than the devil and subsiquent tour). At the time when scott/charlie approached him about the reunion, Anthrax wernt doing alot so a S.O.D album looked pretty good for a bit of extra cash. Billy dropped everything he was doing and gave the reunion 100%. After a couple of shows, so the story goes, charlie started bitching and wanted to end the tour or something. Billy basically felt used - he droped everything for the tour to help them out, but they didnt repay that gesture in a way he would have liked... pretty sure thats it

If this is the case, I can see why he was initially angry, but come on, it's been about eight years. Let it go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I recall Billy saying that Charlie walked off the stage in the middle of the 1st Bigger than the Devil show, when someone in the audience yelled "play the Ballad of Anthrax!!!"...

Charlie was so angry he wanted to quit the tour at that very moment. Billy had to physically threathen him to go back on stage and finish the show. From that moment, as reidie said, thing started to go south. Hence the hatred Billy has toward Charlie...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I recall Billy saying that Charlie walked off the stage in the middle of the 1st Bigger than the Devil show, when someone in the audience yelled "play the Ballad of Anthrax!!!"...

Charlie was so angry he wanted to quit the tour at that very moment. Billy had to physically threathen him to go back on stage and finish the show. From that moment, as reidie said, thing started to go south. Hence the hatred Billy has toward Charlie...

If that stories true, then I totally get the resentment. But as I said earlier, it's been a long time now, why let it consume him?

All you have to do is ask Billy and he will tell you. I stayed at Billys house a few weeks ago, and he shared with me alot of info on the reason he hates Charlie. He really dont hate Scott. Just dont like him when he is around Charlie. He says Scott is a totally diffrent person when he is not around him. He even called Scott from my phone when I was there. He dident answer and Billy left him a crazy message. Billy will tell anyone who asks what his beef is with Charlie. He is not a fan of Charlie at all to say the least. And he made it clear that S.O.D. is dead. Forever.

All you have to do is ask Billy and he will tell you. I stayed at Billys house a few weeks ago, and he shared with me alot of info on the reason he hates Charlie. He really dont hate Scott. Just dont like him when he is around Charlie. He says Scott is a totally diffrent person when he is not around him. He even called Scott from my phone when I was there. He dident answer and Billy left him a crazy message. Billy will tell anyone who asks what his beef is with Charlie. He is not a fan of Charlie at all to say the least. And he made it clear that S.O.D. is dead. Forever.

Thanks Buddy. That's a cool insight, and I guess I'm glad at least Billy and Scott don't want to kill each other.

Because charlie doesn't want to do SOD, which means what little career billy had is now ovewr.

Plus, in S.O.D.: Kill Yourself: The Movie, Billy says it was 14 months before they even toured after the cd release.

If this is the case, I can see why he was initially angry, but come on, it's been about eight years. Let it go.

In all fairness, we're not talking about millionaires who can easily afford to not tour and not make any money. Cancelling the tour probably hit Milano hard financially and probably caused a lot of economic hardships.

In all fairness, we're not talking about millionaires who can easily afford to not tour and not make any money. Cancelling the tour probably hit Milano hard financially and probably caused a lot of economic hardships.

Absolutely, like I've already stated, I get why he was pissed, I would have been too. But, you can't carry this shit with you forever. I'm not saying he has to be friendly with the guy, but how about just not bringing it up all the time? I'm speaking from experience when I say this! If Milano can't let this go, it will consume him. It's like a fire. Sure, you're going to get burned, but if you just stand there and don't try to put it out, it'll kill you.

Maybe he should have a little sit-down with Frankie.

It could be the start of something big.
A VH1 show perhaps?

Frankie Bello "The Dr. Phil of Metal"

Maybe he should have a little sit-down with Frankie.

It could be the start of something big.
A VH1 show perhaps?

Frankie Bello "The Dr. Phil of Metal"

:lol:

Mustaine: I still hate Ulrich.

Billy: Charlie is evil.

Frankie: That´s what I mean, you have to do something with your life, STOP DWELLING. It´s okay to feel anger but this is just stuuuuuupid.

Although I spend much more time on the Milano board than this one. I agree with Mikey. At some point you have to bury the hatchet or at least turn the page.
Maybe Billy just thinks that Charlie is a self-centered loudmouth prick? Maybe Charlie is just that? Billy isn't completely without objectivity. There was a thread a while back where we were discussing who we though were the greatest rock/metal drummers. Billy had Charlies name right next to Buddy Rich's. Buddy-fuckin'-Rich. That tells me that Billy at least respects Chuckie's talent.
Just my 2 cents, if it's even worth that much...

Although I spend much more time on the Milano board than this one. I agree with Mikey. At some point you have to bury the hatchet or at least turn the page.
Maybe Billy just thinks that Charlie is a self-centered loudmouth prick? Maybe Charlie is just that? Billy isn't completely without objectivity. There was a thread a while back where we were discussing who we though were the greatest rock/metal drummers. Billy had Charlies name right next to Buddy Rich's. Buddy-fuckin'-Rich. That tells me that Billy at least respects Chuckie's talent.
Just my 2 cents, if it's even worth that much...

Charlie Benante and Buddy Rich? Wow. I'd say that Billy respects Charlie's playing, even if he doesn't respect the man. I think it was cool of him to at least admit that!

so what song did they play??? j/k