MIX: Deliverance DI Package

Jaymz the raw bass sounds really good. Can you share some info? What bass? preamp? the signal chain.

Here it´s mine:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1457645/jz1.mp3

That sounds really close to my mix haha, nice job!

The bass is my new Overwater 5 string Jazz. It's got so many tonal options I just added a bit of bass and treble and rolled it very slightly toward the bridge pup. In future I might leave it flat...it's all experimentation really :) Glad you like!

Just straight into the Red Eye DI it was.

Sick mix Jaymz! As a big Opeth fan I prefer your mix to the original! :)

Wow thanks man, much appreciated! :headbang:

This has prompted me to get my ass into gear with my own stuff. Finally got round to reamping the first tune today....not a mix file give-away but still some nice tones to be heard! I'll do another video for it.

Nuno, nice smooth guitar tone. That Bass "clank" sounds great also. If you cut the noise at start and end it would sound tidier. Good job overall.

Thanks a lot man. :)

That sounds really close to my mix haha, nice job!

The bass is my new Overwater 5 string Jazz. It's got so many tonal options I just added a bit of bass and treble and rolled it very slightly toward the bridge pup. In future I might leave it flat...it's all experimentation really :) Glad you like!

Just straight into the Red Eye DI it was.

Yeah man, I noticed that, my mix has a bit more midrange in the guitars.

Fuck, that bass is quite expensive for my pocket!lol But without doubt one of the best raw sound that I heard here in the forum. Really easy to make it "growl" Thanks for the info.

Ok, this is my final mix in this thread. :D I made some significant changes to the Drum EQ and verb as well as some changes to the Bass and background guitars. The Toms actually stand out now :tickled:.

D/L Link:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24344836/Jaymz GH Final.mp3

You need to eq the bass a little in the low end to support the guitars better. The guitars are a little fizzy. Otherwise sounds good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick mix Jaymz! As a big Opeth fan I prefer your mix to the original! :)

lol not suprised. I didnt knew the original mix and after I saw the Jaymz video I listened to the original and I found quite weak. The mix fits quite well the clean parts, it has all the vibe but it doesnt have much strenght for the heavy parts.