MIX: Deliverance DI Package

matt6g, hi!
I think your mix make some pressure on the ears. May be it would be good to reduce some gain on mastering limiter or rate on the compressor.
Guitars may contain some boxy mids on my taste.
As for the rest, it's pretty good to me. :)

Sounds good also...sounds like an amp sim though (nasally/thin)

What do YOU think of your mix?

Thanks. I only like my guitars and snare, not happy with the mix, I still have trouble with low end mixing on pc speakers. The amp sim is tse x50 beta, I totally aimed for that nasal sound and I think it would sound ten times better with a bigger and controlled bass.

Im impressed that your mix is super loud and clean at the same time, it sounds sick.

Thanks! I usually get concerned with my mastering skillz haha

Cheers Mick! I always make my own samples for things...blend the shit out of everything until it sounds good is my motto!

I got another Recto cabinet recently and blew the tone I got in the OP video out of the water....might have to give it another shot for the lulz sometime.

Sick mix Jaymz! As a big Opeth fan I prefer your mix to the original! :)

lol not suprised. I didnt knew the original mix and after I saw the Jaymz video I listened to the original and I found quite weak. The mix fits quite well the clean parts, it has all the vibe but it doesnt have much strenght for the heavy parts.
Did you know Andy mixed Deliverance?

I personally think Deliverance is one of the best sounding metal albums.

Yeah the story is/was on Opeth's website. I think it's recorded mostly by the guitarist.