MIXING TIME, SONG2: DI and Midi inside.

My latest mix with just using the HK Triamp.

The changes are I am using Metal Foundry for the drums and mixed the drums in the SD GUI, only external plugins I used was RVerb and Massey TapeHead plugin.

For the lead guitar and clean tones I re recorded them using a SM57 mic instead of a 421D mic, and on the lead used a Tube Screamer pedal just to see what happens (wow lots of noise if solo the track). Well don't want to flood the thread with more mixes so this will be it for a while, think I'll take on Ola's first offer of DI's next!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4040966/GG Triamp 02.mp3

So I ended with a jcm800 instead of the XXX... Sorry...
sdc10791.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2973685/gg800bm.mp3
Not sure about the result, I have lost my objectivity here.
I hear a lot of mixes where the lows seem out of control, so either there's something wrong with my monitoring or I am the only one bothering...:lol:

Damn burny, I'm at college listening through my low end koss headphones, but that jcm800 sounds like a beast right now, well done!

Damn burny, I'm at college listening through my low end koss headphones, but that jcm800 sounds like a beast right now, well done!
Well thank you. But I think it's too middy for that genre or something. I don't know...

~BURNY~, I think the Marshall sounds good, very smooth and natural.
Its maybe a little to middy but not a lot.

I hear a lot of mixes where the lows seem out of control, so either there's something wrong with my monitoring or I am the only one bothering...:lol:

The mixes I posted had out of control lows but I actually like that sound.
It seems that most people here agree with you and try to tame the low
end of guitars.

Thanks mate :D Drums are EZDrummer hahaha but I used Magos cymbals ;)

Onqel's 5150II ampsim rocks man :headbang:

your welcom dude. morgan asked for it, but as it seems he didnt use them ; )

your x50 mix really kicks ass \m/
allready keen on a final version haha

that marshalls not really my cup of tea, even if it really sounds like a beast

So I ended with a jcm800 instead of the XXX... Sorry...
sdc10791.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2973685/gg800bm.mp3
Not sure about the result, I have lost my objectivity here.

the drums sound awesome!
as i said above, the marshall sound is not really my thing, but it sounds really beasty

about the bass: dunno dude, but your mix has a lot less bass compared to the other mixes :lol:

about the bass: dunno dude, but your mix has a lot less bass compared to the other mixes :lol:
Yup, that's what is worrying me....
Updated with eq on gtrs, moar bass (but not that much), chessy fx's and shits...
*Edit*

your welcom dude. morgan asked for it, but as it seems he didnt use them ; )

your x50 mix really kicks ass m/
allready keen on a final version haha

They sound really good, what drum program did you use?

Thanks man, yep the X50 is by far the best ampsim I've tried, I think people will sell their 5150's when Onqel is done with it ;)

However Olas DI's prove how much the guitar/strings/fingers affect the sound. I think the most important part of the sound besides the player is having new strings and having thick strings. The DI is not that important, as long as it's impedance is high enough.

Yeah...everybody with one laptop onstage...ampsims, dfhs2.0 with e-drums, no bass (we can play it as backing track)... great! :D

Hehe or if you are skilled, build a small rack mounted computer that runs the TSE ampsims with LeCab and VST EQ's/effects in a dedicated operating system complete with a built in DI-box and soundcard. Just plug in a touch screen for editing of the presets and a Behringer Midi pedal for the switching ;)

It would look something like this:

karma_tf5_large_htpc_home_theatre_pc_case.jpg

It would be cheaper than that Axe-FX :lol:

They sound really good, what drum program did you use?

Thanks man, yep the X50 is by far the best ampsim I've tried, I think people will sell their 5150's when Onqel is done with it ;)

However Olas DI's prove how much the guitar/strings/fingers affect the sound. I think the most important part of the sound besides the player is having new strings and having thick strings. The DI is not that important, as long as it's impedance is high enough.

its SD2 with Metal Foundry Expansion

i hope the X50 will work better with my DI's than the x30^^ somehow they dont like eachother, or my DI quality is fucked up...
or the impendance isnt high enough which dont hope anyway
no doubt that the X50 will kick ass :D